CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 11, 2008

I'm addicted to you baby/You're a hard habit to break...

I know some people probably thought it was pretty gloomy, but I loved the weather today. Overcast, not too warm, not too cool, and especially the soft breezes.  It was absolutely heavenly while the kids and I played outside. Inside, however, was not so nice.  Ewan, who used to be the ultimate vegetable connoisseur, and I have been having the same dialogue all too often lately.  It goes something like this:

Ewan:  Mommy, can I have a cookie?
Mommy:  No, not right now.
Ewan:  (throwing such a huge fit I can actually see fangs growing)  Oh, but I want one, please let me have a cookie!  (Screams something indecipherable.)  I want one right now.  Yes, now!
Mommy:  No, you have to eat all of your (insert veggie here) first, then you can have one.
Ewan:  Okay.
...
...
(Ewan continues not eating.)
Mommy:  You won't get a cookie if you don't eat those...
Ewan:  I've just changed my mind, Mommy.  I don't want a cookie.

How can I win in the face of that logic?  But I can grow my own fangs, so I usually do end up winning eventually.

Tomorrow for the first time I'll be hosting the preschool.  It should be interesting, as my entire house is the size of most of the kids' bedrooms.  Okay, okay, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but only very slight.  This means I have to get up and vacuum.  And who wants to do that?  My dog's hair is woven so tightly into my rug, that if I could just find the right means of lifting it out while leaving it intact, I could have a whole new dog hair rug for the boys' room.

Now for my little announcement:  I'm going on an Internet diet.  That's right, I'm cutting down, trimming the fat off of my surfing habit.  The thing is, I rarely sit and just spend lots of time at one time, but all day as I'm running around the house, I stop and do a quick e-mail check, or news check to see if anything catastrophic has happened either in the real world or Hollywood.  Ugh, it's sickening.  I always go on and on about how we keep the TV off, but spending so much time on the Internet throughout the day isn't any better.  So, I'm checking all messages in the morning, because you know I'm so important that the President will check in with me during the wee hours, and then I am shutting it down.  I'm saving all of my writing for my evening session.  So, I'll pretty much be MIA via e-mail and blog until late in the day.  

As if you were interested.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

OK, so much to comment on, LOL. First: what is it with kids suddenly deciding not to eat foods that they used to love, and with nat it is vice versa too, suddenly she loves thing she never would have tried before! Second: Me want details of the preschool experience. Third: I do the same thing with email, I check a million times a day, just a quick check to see if my inbox number is larger. It does make it really fun if I leave it for a while and I will have like 15 emails to look at! Much more fulfilling!

Good luck! and I will try not to call too often, as I know a symphony goes off in your house when you phone rings!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Good for you on the internet fast...LMK how that goes Ü, I know I could use one, too...I'm sure alot of people say that!
And preschool is going to be a blast! Maybe we can make a craft with the dog hair...LOL...necklaces or something!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

My boys do the same reverse logic thing, too. I tell them they can have something if they [insert desired action here], only to have them change their mind and tell me that they didn't really want that something anyway. It's so frustrating!

And good luck with the internet diet. I've been trying to cut back, too. Same thing, I never really just sit and surf for hours at a stretch, it's all the little checking in throughout the day.

Amber said...

I'm just as guilty when it comes to the internet. Trimming the Fat is HARD WORK. It requires Constant Vigilance! (i don't remember what movie that's from, but it's from a movie and i crack up when i hear it so read this with a mocking tone)

Sarah Young said...

Hey Kelli! Justin (Young) got a kick out of seeing your name on our blog! He was like "Kelli Anderson huh?! Wow, I think I've known that girl since I was 10 years old!" You gotta love this blogging thing!

Erica said...

Hey, I've tried that diet...let me know how it works for you. I've just decided that I'm...yes...addicted. I said it. Now what's the next step?

Kelli said...

I do love this blog thing; I've made contact with so many old friends.

Kelli said...

Erica, I don't know what the next step is...
Let me know if you figure it out!

Ashley said...

I can't follow any diet! I am gonna try this one though.