CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 05, 2008

Double decker day

Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad!!! 48 years, can you believe it? Here they are on their wedding day, February 5, 1960.Nine months later, they gave birth (or, rather, my mom gave birth, my dad was in the waiting room smoking) to the boy in the picture below, my fabulous brother Ken, who 17 years after that, posed in said picture with his brand new baby sister, yours truly, the eighth of nine, born on my parent's anniversary. This is the youngest picture I have of me.

On another note, tonight I am wistful. This weather makes me wistful. There's no other word for it. And what a great word wistful is. If it is possible for a word that doesn't describe a sound to be onomatopoeic, then wistful would surely be that word.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent word choices!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a good one!

elisa said...

Feliz Cumpleanos a ti!
Happy birthday!
I didn't get your email, but I hope you come over to pick out a present!
Have a great b-day!

elisa said...

wow, is it just me or did your mom look just like you! I thought it was you when I first saw the picture.
Sweet dress!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday, Kelli!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

You look so much like your Mom in that picture!
How wonderful that you were born on your parents anniversary!
Happy Birthday!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday sis!
Happy Anniversary parents!
Love,
sister and daughter