CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 27, 2008

A balanced diet

Doughnuts in our house are a rarity. I think I can count on one hand the number of times we have gone in our five years of marriage. (I mean, I know I drink a lot of Coke, but something about doughnuts... the sugar, the fat... while tasty... ick.) So when Bryce came home with a $25 Krispy Kreme gift card they gave him at work, I decided to take the boys for breakfast this morning. There was one left on the table in the box, and I thought it was safe out of reach. I left the room for a minute, and came back to find this:

Then this:


It was every so slightly reminiscent of this last picture. When we very first moved into our house, our oven didn't work for a month, and we were living on take-out and T.V. dinners. Our new neighbor had bestowed upon us a caramel-apple-pie-cheesecake, which we discovered Ewan devouring. He was only 18 months old and he'd gotten the fork himself, and was being very resourceful and serious about his endeavor:

11 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That is THE cutest picture! You've created a doughnut monster...(it's ok Fynn, I'm in love with them too!).
I wish my oven wouldn't work for a MONTH!! mmmmmm

Shannon said...

OH, that is too funny! You got some sneaky boys thats for sure, dont come between a man and his sweets! And please tell me you still have money left on that card, b/c 25$ at Krispy Kreme is like SO MANY DOUGHNUTS!!! LOL

Missy said...

I hate Krispy Kreme's but I LOVE donuts. One in Burleson has cinnamon bun donut holes. SO EVIL! I actually heard once that if you have the choice between a donut and a muffin to choose the donut! They actually have less fat or something! Fynn is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Probably because muffins nowadays are the size of a moose's head.

Mubeen said...

Hi Kelli! I don't know if you remember me, but we used to be in the same Ward. I don't think we ever really formally met, but I came upon your blog from Missy's. Just wanted to say your kids are so super cute!!! Good to see you're doing so well!

Kelli said...

I am not that big a Krispy Kreme fan myself, Missy. I prefer pigs n' blankets, and they don't have them. Yes, Shannon, there's plenty left on the card! Heaton family, I'm not sure if I know who you are or not... I have someone in my head that might be you, but have no way of confirming it!

Anonymous said...

Isn't great how boys are sneaky. You got to love them for being themselves.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

We can start a "we don't like Krispy Kreme" club :)
I'm not a fan of theirs either. For me its Shipley's Donuts all the way.

Ashley said...

I haaate Krispy Kreme, blech! Pigs-n-blankets and Coke all the way baby! Go Fynn!

elisa said...

Anybody read Arnie the Doughnut? ever since my kids read that book, they are obsessed with doughnuts. 2years ago? We've gotten doughnuts 3-4 times since then. I hate doughnuts, but I find myself eating them if noone is around and I am too lazy and hungry to eat something healthy. I actually get nauseated after. Give me pastries and I'll go nuts. My kids find sweets that I didn't even know we had in the house. It drives me nuts, they never share with us!

Whiney Momma said...

So cute...we are Krispy Kreme fans here too but luckily we don't have one very close. It's at least a 20 minute drive. I would probably be 40 pounds heavier if I had one in our town. As for cheesecake...OMG, I would have eaten the whole thing!