CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 29, 2008

Adventures in Games of Big-Rig Chicken, Part a million

It seems this happens to me quite a lot, although I've only had the opportunity to write about it once before.  But today on the highway, with the boys, as I was traveling between a ginormous big-rig on my left and a line of utility trucks on my right, I suddenly noticed the big-rig slowly venturing into my lane.  And he wasn't paying attention.  So I put lots of lovely pressure on my brakes, trying not to panic, only to see in the rear-view mirror another big-rig weaving almost out of control.  He'd been traveling so close behind, when I put on the brakes, he almost couldn't avoid me.  It gave me that warm, fuzzy, "I'm so safe on the highway" feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing your horn works as well!

Anonymous said...

looks like it's time to get a big rig of your own.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

yep, skip the van...get the Mac Truck!

Missy said...

Today on my way home from work I almost got squeezed in by two big rigs that were both changing lanes into my lane! It was so scary. I think the fact that things like that happen a lot (did you guys hear about the one in Dallas that killed that girl on Tuesday??) only means that there's a problem!!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you are ok, and your nerves aare better after such and ordeal! That stuff freaks me out, and leaves me SO shaky!

Ashley said...

2 words: 4x4 SUV