CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

February 09, 2008

And I shut my eyes, I swear I could hear the sea*

I don't like to talk much about death, which is why I didn't mention the recent deaths widely reported, like Heath Ledger and most importantly Gordon B. Hinckley.  I just don't think anything I could say would do anything justice, so I keep quiet.  I haven't yet seen Gordon B. Hinckley's funeral, or perhaps I'd have something to say about it.  At any rate, I just read this about Heath Ledger's funeral, and I think it is so cool.  Perhaps it's the way it should be.


*The above line is from a Better than Ezra song called A Lifetime.

8 comments:

Missy said...

I saw that same story and thought it was really sweet. I'm a little creeped out he was cremated though, for some reason!

Kelli said...

Yeah, cremation is icky. That's the only part I don't like.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

How cool is that? Ya'll are totally doing that at my 'wake'...LOL...

Ashley said...

I like that she read Shakespeare. A nice "sendoff" but yes the cremation is ick!

Ashley said...

Ok, I just saw that you put ick too Kelli. Great minds think alike...?

Anonymous said...

I just realized that Better Than Ezra totally ripped off that line from a James song. Tsk tsk.

Amy

Amber said...

that's amazing - i want to be remembered just as fondly and have my passing be beautiful and happy. (i realize that they are not happy he's dead but happy that they knew him)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I just get giddy when I look at your blog now...its so bright and colorful!