CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 01, 2007

Screaming Demons

The girls from the yard sale know firsthand about this, having witnessed it while at my house at the buttcrack of dawn, and I've been meaning to blog about if for a while. One morning about a month ago, Ewan, Fynn and I were just lounging in my bed, prolonging getting up. The room was dark, we were all warm, snuggling and drowsy and just chillin'. Then the sound of a legion of demons filled the room, shrieking and screaming. My heart began to race, and I looked around frantically trying to find the source. Ewan's eyes grew wider and wider and he stared at me. The sound was so incredibly human, all the while being the most inhuman sound I'd ever heard. It was so loud, and truly at that moment, quite frightening. Ewan's voice was so small as he said, "Mommy, what is that?" The sound grew to a peak, then slowly died away. It was then I realized it was a car, and that was the sound it was making as it accelerated past my house. It was awful, truly it sounded like the screaming evil women/demon/hounds of hell were coming for us. And every day since that day, it comes down the street. Even though it's been a month, it completely takes me off guard and scares the bejezeezus out of me every time. I just really wish they'd get that fixed. My heart should not race like that first thing every morning, you know?

2 comments:

elisa said...

Is that the timing belt going-out sound? It is awful. It's a pain in the butt to fix tho', depending on the car. At least you know what it is...

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

you are so HILARIOUS!! I forgot JUST how funny you are Kelli. I miss u!