CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 21, 2007

Crossed Signals

So between coughing up several internal organs, and two very sick little boys, the past few nights I've managed to accumulate a grand total of about five hours of sleep. Yesterday was one of those days where the toll was very obvious, and I was meaner than a rattlesnake and clumsier than...well...something that's really clumsy. So last night started off pretty rough. I was sad about my grumpiness during the day, so I took the time to pray and read my scriptures, which was very good. But once I crawled into bed, I started hacking and gagging. The process began. I'd finally stop coughing, almost doze and Fynn, who had a fever, would start crying and I'd get up to take care of him. When I got back to bed, the coughing would start again. These two things happened over and over again. After going to bed at 11:30, I was still wide awake at 2:00. I finally broke completely down to Bryce and said I didn't think I could get through today, that I was going to collapse. I was just bawling, and he talked to me a litle, so I know he heard me. After that, I was finally heading into real snoozeland, good sleep even, and Fynn began again. I just laid there, disbelieving, so tired, when I heard Bryce get up. I thought, "Oh, how nice, he's going to get him for me. He'll rock him and I'll get some sleep." The next thing I know, Bryce is standing next to the bed with Fynn in his arms, handing him to me. I suppose he thought it was helpful, that I'd get some extra twenty seconds of sleep if he brought the child to me rather than me getting up myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They call me the nicest husband for a reason. 20 seconds is critical!!

Monika said...

Hey
Sorry for spamming, but I really like your writings and wanted to ask you if we could exchange links? Please write me a comment in my blog (my everyday glamour) that has to do a bit with the post *lol* then I know that’s okay for you ;-)
Hope you’re okay,
Chililady from Austria