CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 12, 2007

P.S. And more time...

O.K., so I know the question I am about to ask is not a new one; it's nothing revolutionary or unheard of to wonder about. But where does one find the time to do everything? Besides basics: Feeding kids and myself, brushing their teeth and mine, playing with them, teaching them, washing dishes, keeping the rest of the house clean, keeping up with the laundry, time with Bryce, time with myself, dressing and grooming myself and kids, making dinner, grocery shopping, feeding the animals, and whatever else I'm forgetting. I'm trying to work on writing again, and even have a real project going, so when do I get to do that? I usually do it at night, but then I'm so tired the next day I'm acting like a wicked stepmother and Bryce complains that I never go to bed when he does. Now after a major spiritual epiphany I've had tonight, I really want to focus on reading the scriptures, especially at times when Ewan and Fynn can see me doing it. I also want to start praying more (i.e. praying at all) and teaching Ewan to say his personal prayers. And real journal writing. Plus, if I ever wanted to work out (pardon me while I spew Coke all over the screen in laughter) when would I do that? And sleep? I know no one really has the answer to this, but does anyone have little minor tips that work for them, even if in one area? And how much time do my children need with me, face to face, no distractions? I never know, and consequently I am perpetually guilty that they are being neglected and ignored.

As I am writing this, I recall an article in the Ensign written by a woman who had prayed for this very thing: a way to find more time. She kept feeling impressed to start her family's temple work. She didn't understand how adding another thing to her plate would help, but the feeling was so persistent, she did it. And miraculously, she had time for all she had to do and then some. Hmm....

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Well not that I am an expert, but with 4 kids I never have time for most of what needs to be done and I constantly beat myself up. We spend a ton of time on schoolwork, projects, chores, and hanging out! It seems like nothing ever gets done. I feel amazing when I get alot done and I focus on that. But, I also need to pay more attention to church, prayer, scripture study, and family, oh yeah and exercise. I was just about to post on needing more time myself, I am dead tired but mad at myself for not getting more done today. I am constantly writing a new to do list when I get a lot of things done on the other. But for the most part, I feel pretty crappy about what I don't accomplish. Sorry soooo long! I could have called you...

Simply Sarah *K* said...

i am SO with you on this...i never have enough time for anything! sometimes i think i should make a weekly schedule for everything, ya know? but like ....10-10:45 Playtime with Children....that just doesnt sound right, does it? lol
I like the story about temple work...very "hmmm"

Missy said...

You know, I've found that I never have time for anything myself. But it always seems that when I spend time doing the right and most important things I always have time for the other things. Thanks for posting this! It's made me realize a little more how working at my new job will make me have to be more organized and what better way to do that than to have the spirit all the time?

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I loved that story in the Ensign! I've *really* gotten off track doing all of the things lately that I need to, too (I just keep blaming it on the fact that my house has been under construction for over a month and that it's out of my control...) I know it's sort of cliche but I do notice that when I focus on the "most" important things first (reading scriptures, praying, etc.) that everything else seems to fall into place better. And when I'm not then I just feel crazed all the time (like I do now). And then I wonder why/where/how I got off track?!