CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 16, 2007

Backseat Driver

Bryce and I are very vocal drivers, to my great shame. Too often my son hears me yelling, "MOVE, you IDIOT!" He'll ask me what's going on, and I'll tell that the person is too slow, or whatever else the case may be. As a result, he's learned some minor traffic laws, and recognizes when someone is not obeying them. Sometimes he'll tell me, "Watch out for that car, Mommy." or "Don't crash," if I make a rough turn. Today, I was approaching a stop sign, and he said, quite bossy, "You have to stop at that stop sign, Mommy." I assured him I would, and thought I did. Or, at least, you know, the "stop" most of us do, which is slow down to about a mile an hour and creep out. Ewan yelled out, "Mommy! You are supposed to stop!!!!!"

And I'm like, "What?" Because I, like, totally paused.

3 comments:

LCFrohm said...

Thankfully Dean hasn't picked up on that yet. I mean he knows to wave people out of the way, from me motioning for people to MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!!
I can only imagine him saying "MOMMY- You're supposed to stop!"
Thanks for your blogging!
Lins

Ashley said...

I too am a yelling not quite but almost road raging driver. that's nice that you are being thanked for your blogging, instead of criticized like me...

Simply Sarah *K* said...

hehe...your inner california driver emerges!