CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 16, 2007

Okay, fine, here goes...

So I've been tagged. It's not something I normally would do on my blog, but I don't want to be a spoiled sport, so... hmm... I'm struggling because I posted a "did you know" post about a week ago, and ironically it has six things on it. So now I must come up with new stuff.

~~~~I am ridiculously afraid of death. I mean, no one wants to die, of course, but I am afraid right up to paranoia. If I leave Bryce with the boys, I make sure to give them an extra hug and kiss, because I really think I might not make it back. Once, my first time on a ferris wheel (and to be fair, it was a traveling carnival, and the thing was rickety), I was so convinced I was going to die that I was going over my patriarchal blessing in my head, trying to decipher the words about my life and whether it could mean it ended early. Perhaps part of this comes from my testimony not being what it should, which I'm working on, but sometimes I'll wake up in a panic attack. I look at life like this merry-go-round that has started, and you can't get off. I freak out, knowing that someday I WILL die, and people around me will die, and what's going to happen to my kids, and what things will we be called on to endure in this life? I have to make myself not think of it, or it can get bad.

~~~~I LOVE the taste of Robitussin. Yum. And not store-brand imitations, but the real deal, Robitussin. And black cherry soda reminds me of it. But it's not like, "I like Robitussin because it reminds me of yummy black cherry soda." No, it's, "I like black cherry soda because it reminds me of yummy Robitussin."

~~~~I have a rabbit. Oh...wait...you knew that? OK, I'll come up with something else.

~~~~I love alternative rock, and especially the love songs. Not that that is unique, but it's because I see this tattooed, rough-looking bad boy who probably does drugs waxing poetic about a girl he loved that broke his heart, or one that's mending his heart right now. And it just makes my heart go pitter-pat and I think, "Everybody hurts." And now I've just accidentally quoted an R.E.M. song.

~~~~When my sister Ashley and I were little, very little, we were quite the thieves. My mom always dressed us in tights and frou frou dresses, and I specifically remember going into a Hallmark with her, and Ashley and I stuffed these Hello Kitty! mugs with colored pencils down our tights and took them home. We had a blast playing school with the neighborhood kids with those pencils. Another time, I took my doll carriage to the mall, and loaded it up with jewelry: brooches, rings, etc. My mom didn't notice until we were home. She made me take it all back. As an adult, I am not a thief.

~~~~Hmmm....I guess I'll elaborate on the Muhammad Ali thing. I lived in Salt Lake City, and he came to the Sunday morning broadcast as a guest of Orrin Hatch. Afterwards, we waited outside the Tabernacle, just a small group because not many people had noticed him. He came out and didn't speak because his Parkinson's was quite bad that day. He was shaking so much, but he gently grabbed each of our hands and held them. He then proceeded to take a briefcase from one of his entourage and placed it in my friend's brother's arms. He opened it and started passing out anti-New Testament literature. Awkward.

~~~~I am an actress, or like to think I am. In high school, I was in dozens of plays and it is hands-down my favorite thing in the whole world to do. Everything about a production thrills me to the bones. I decided long ago that I wanted to be a mother more than anything else, but if that wasn't the case, or if that dream hadn't come true for me, right now I would be roughing it as a waitress in New York, auditioning myself to death. That was boring, but it's all I could think of.

Now, I think almost everyone has been tagged, except for Mariah. So, TAG! Mariah. And TAG! to Amy. Even though you don't have a blog, you can post it in comments. But I don't think you will, and that's okay. TAG! to Vanessa. And TAG! to Cristina.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Robitussin?!?!? Seriously...ick! That is a new and unusual factoid about you! I am glad you did this list just for that one small thing...hehe...I will never ever forget that! And I LOVE that R.E.M. song, such a good "down in the dumps" songs.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

what rabbit?? I hear they disappear into hats! LOL

Amber said...

I'm scared to death of dying. Like I even think while I'm driving that the car behind me or beside me is going to crash and take me down with it. Or some other random accident like that. I'm not as panicked as you are but I'm still scared and know that it is coming and I worry about my kids and my husband.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's not going to happen. You know I'm too lazy.

Amy

Mariah said...

so I'm supose to write 6 things about myself?

Kelli said...

Yeah, six things about yourself that no one really knows, or that very few people know.