CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 29, 2007

Marvelous Christmas Balls, Santa Baby, and Really Mean Truckdrivers

Since every magazine on the planet suggests everyone gains massive amounts of weight during the holiday season, I assume it must be true. But for me, I don't gain weight this time of year, I gain weight during the Easter season. The reason for this is summed up in three words: Cadbury Mini Eggs. These are a candy for which there is no dignifying description, other than to say they are made from chocolate clouds, mixed by angels, breathed on by fairies, candy-shelled by unicorns, and packaged by rainbows. Easter is the only time I can get them. At least, until I noticed the benevolent gods of Candyland are now offering them at Christmas, in the form of green and red balls. This is BAD. Very bad. Yet so good. Have you ever tasted a chocolate cloud that was stirred by angels, breathed on by fairies, candy-shelled by unicorns, and packaged by rainbows? "If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good." (Dr. Seuss)

I love this time of year. It's been a long time since I felt the Christmas spirit, but now with Ewan being so excited and really getting into everything, I feel it again. I had to hush Bryce up griping in front of Ewan about spending money. I don't want him to sense ANYTHING negative about this season, and I'm really working hard to pump it into his head as much about the Saviour as it's already stuffed with Santa and toys. He is totally loving Christmas music, his favorite being the Nutcracker. And today in the car, his little voice piped up from the back of the car requesting, "Santa, Baby, please."

That wasn't long after one of the scariest moments of my life. We were on the ramp leading from 360 to 1-20 East, and had passed a large tractor trailer. The two lanes merge into one, and I was well ahead of said tractor trailer, when he started to speed up. I don't know if he was mad that I had passed him in the first place, but he wasn't kidding about not letting me get ahead of him. I couldn't believe he would do what he did, which was - literally - run me off the road. He got over in my lane going REALLY fast, and I ended up on the side of the road to avoid a major collision. It had me upset for hours. And his truck had NO identifying characteristics: no company name, no phone number, nothing. Just a plain white truck. The worst part for me is that at his angle, he could see my little boys in the backseat, and he didn't care if he hurt us or not. He wasn't going to let me get by with whatever it was he thought I'd done to wrong him. It just makes me sick that people are so apathetic, or downright mean, in this world. Bryce doesn't understand why I'm surprised. But I am. Things like that shock me every time.

11 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

stupid drivers! we had an experience like that in OKLAHOMO last night....totally not cool.
As to feeling the Christmas spirit...oh my gosh! I actually feel it this season, too...as I see the light brighten in Bella's eyes. I have complained how nothing feels the same as when I was growing up, that it never feels like Christmas, bah humbug!
But something has DEFINITELY changed!

Anonymous said...

one time I was broken down on the side of the road between Las Vegas and the other end of hell, and this big semi didn't move over and sped by me with about 5 feet to spare while I was standing by my car. If I hadn't already peed on a colony of red ants (boy were they pissed) I would have peed my pants. Ever since then, I've hated Albertsons truckers right up there with cats, curry smell, people who wear a blue tooth in their ear, and zombies (there was this one movie that scared the crap out of me where a guy had been buried in the walls of a house and one day when the kids where watching tv, he just fell through the wall and tried to eat them. I always was scared as a kid of some not-quite-dead construction worker coming out of the wall in the shower while I had my eyes closed washing my hair.)

Oh yeah, and I like Christmas too.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oh my gosh...i was reading that, and thinking "what an idiot" then I realized it was James....nice

Anonymous said...

and just what does that mean? I'M an idiot, or the guy who almost killed me is an idiot? Just remember that sometimes I bring you a drink while you're working, and it wouldn't be that hard to put peanut butter or something in it. Well, we don't have peanut butter, but I could put parmesan cheese in it. Just something to think about.

Kelli said...

ya'll crack me up so much.

Ashley said...

mmm, didn't know they made a Christmas version. Hayden has been singing Jingle Bells Batman Smells, Robin Laid an Egg....

Shannon said...

ahh! I love when they start singing Christmas songs! And oh my goodness aobut the truck! I would've just sat there on the side of the road until my rage/fear subsided! I serously hate other people sometimes, what was he thinking! oh yeah, and yummy...cadbury mini eggs, Mindi got me on those one year and they are soooooo good!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I LOVE Cadbury Eggs! (Although I don't know what these "mini" eggs are that you speak of...)

And pffft to stupid drivers.

But to end on a happy note, yea for Christmas songs! I have already set my car radio to the station that plays all the Christmas music, my kids love it!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

james has been singing "Ding, fries are done, Ding, fries are done" do ya'll know that one? its a favorite around here!

Kelli said...

I don't think I know it, but it smacks of a little familiarity...
Hmmm...

Ashley said...

never heard the fries one before? They also make a cadbury Christmas ornament I think, just like the egg just shaped different. I personally like to get my kids Santa's coal bubble gum. I put the little packs on the tree and they always sneak it. I always catch them because it turns their whole mouth black! Then they ask me how did you know Mom?