CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

November 08, 2007

And a Little Child Shall Lead Them

I take things for granted often. I complain about my house constantly. I don't like the neighborhood, there are so many trees in the back that the shade won't allow for a garden (but I would complain if there were one tree less, not as much "scope for the imagination"), it's a shoe box, the bathroom is a matchbox, etc. I know how blessed I am to have a house with a huge backyard, a house that requires no cosmetic fixing-up whatsoever. I just get bratty and forget it sometimes. I need to take some lessons from my son in humility and gratitude.

I took the boys outside to play this morning, and Ewan was running around the yard, joyfully crunching his feet in all the leaves. He suddenly stopped, looked up at all the tree tops and the sky around him, and turned himself around, arms out, Sound of Music style. He tried to say something, but seemed almost overwhelmed by the fun, the wind, the trees, the magic he was feeling. He then looked at me, smiled and said, "This is a great place to live."

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hayden told me the other day "I love my life. It rocks!"

Shannon said...

That is the sweetest thing! I just love what their sweet untainted minds come up with!

Mariah said...

The wise one speaks again!

elisa said...

I feel the same way about my neighborhood, but if we stay, we are making it a little bit better, right?
Kids can be happy almost anywhere, i love that.