CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 11, 2008

"Everybody knows/It sucks to grow up...

And everybody does/It's so weird to be back here."

Shannon scanned tons of pictures for me from my childhood, three of which I just posted. And I'm mostly joking when I say "I never had a chance" because in those three pictures, I'm just a baby, really. But when I look at the other ones, ones I haven't yet posted, when I'm a little older, I remember. I was always so sad. I always felt like such an outcast and had no idea the person I was to become. I was so afraid of who I was and being myself and just accepted I was a total loser. I was always so hopeless. And in some of the pictures, I can see that in my face, and I can remember things that happened to me, cruel things kids said. Things that the person I am now would never have allowed. It makes me ache to remember. And I just want to reach in those pictures and give that girl a big hug and MAKE her understand it's not that bad, that she's pretty cool, and that she'll be happy someday. Oh, and also to quit feeling sorry for herself. A hard lesson to learn, that.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Gosh, I need to remember that today. I am feeling like a huge loser, like I have accomplished nothing in my life. I am a mom, but I really suck at it.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Thats so good that you can remember that, because now you will have that intuition for YOUR kids...to reach out to them and not let the cycle be continued!

Shannon said...

I wish we all could've seen to the future back in those days! It would've given us peace to know "I will get through this!!" I think the same probably could be said about our situations now, years from now we will look back on these times and think, "If only..." I find myself wishing for the days of a house/real job/etc, and then I think I should appreciate what I have b/c this is a good stage! I wish the same could've been said about H.S.! AND guess what...you did turn aout Awesome!

and Ashley...seriously! You are NOT a bad mom!

Kelli said...

Ashley, you don't suck at being a mom!

Anonymous said...

Is this Ben Folds Five Song?

Missy said...

I love love love Ben Folds. Sigh. Did I say love already?