CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 25, 2008

"I love you like I love French fries"

I stole that line from a card I saw here on Cuteable.com
I forgot to scan my wedding photos somehow, so I'm posting our engagement picture instead. It's better anyway. I had to wait until midnight to post this so that it would actually BE our anniversary. We have been married for five years today. I'm not one to wax too sentimental, except about the kids, but I'll just give a Reader's Digest version of how we came to be. I met Bryce at the darkest point in my entire life, and he was at the brightest point of his. I was 23, he was almost 21. He pulled me out of the muck, saved me, then promptly went on a mission. He had been dating a few girls, saying he wanted as many women writing him as possible while was away, but after one date with me, we were hooked, all other women and men be damned. He came home in September of 2002, and we were married in January of 2003. (I have to admit, one of the best parts about it was shoving it in the faces of the many people who thought I would never make it for two years. And don't you say one word about Dear Johns, Bryce.) We have a lovely, modest little home and two of the most beautiful, fun, loving little boys in the world. I'm very grateful for Bryce and for our life together, and there is nothing I would change. (Okay, maybe I'd change my double chin and his hurricane hair, but other than that, it's all good.) Happy anniversary to us!

13 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! Congratulations, you guys are wodnerful and I wish you an eternity of happiness! And DANG you are tan in that 2nd picure!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Hurricane hair...yes, we must get a picture of that!
AND...congratulations on the anniversary, I hope ya'll have fun this weekend!
AND...that shirt that Bryce is wearing in the last picture, is that a work shirt? Its the SAME one I wore at the Spa in Las Vegas....ahhh...memories :).

Simply Sarah *K* said...

AND...lol...what a TAN babe!

Anonymous said...

Belle,
Thank you for the great post. I would like to share the night how I knew it was meant to be. It was one of our first dates where it was raining and dark. We sat outside in my backyard patio while it rained and looked at a far off tree picturing tree-cloud shapes. The fact that you could sit there and make up silly and fun things had me. You are wonderful and you make my life even brighter!!

Love
Bryce

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!!

Kelli said...

Ah, yes, the tan. He had just come home and I had been tanning and doing Tae Kwon Do to try to look hot. I think I look so odd in that picture. And, yes, it was a work shirt. From the company run by Satan's henchman.

Missy said...

You guys are so cute. Congrats on five years! I didn't realize we were married so close together!

Krista said...

Congratulations!

Amber said...

Congrats guys! You were both the envy of the ward, but you already knew that. (Go Y2! - my mom just started working for Rich again - crazy...)

elisa said...

Yay, don't you love happy endings!
Waiting for 2 years for your man has paid off. I'm happy for you guys! I have a great valentine gift idea for you, if you want!

Amazing Grace said...

Happy Anniversary! I forgot.... I'm sorry! I wish you the best.
You guys are great! I cannot believe it's been 5 years already... And, what double chin and hurricane hair??? Ashley, Kelli, and Amy ~ the most beatiful girls I know~ and they don't even have to try.

Amazing Grace said...

I swear you and Bryce should make more kids cause dang!!!! they are cute!