CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 27, 2008

Big Plans

*Clarification* My sister was looking online at Zaza rates for a trip of her own, and let me just say that what is shown online is NOTHING near what we paid. We could never afford that! We paid less than half of those rates, and we found them through Yahoo Hotels, and other hotel search engines. Just in case you were looking into it yourself!

Friday for our anniversary, we went to this awesome fondue restaurant that I've always loved. It was fabulous. I mean, vats of cheese to dip bread into, shrimp and lobster and prime rib, and vats of chocolate for dipping graham-cracker encrusted marshmallows, strawberries, and angel food cake. How could you possibly go wrong? Mary Ann and Jerry were nice enough to stay with the boys overnight, so we could stay in a fancy hotel. We stayed at the Hotel Zaza, which has awesome exotic decor. I loved the paintings and wallpaper and furnishings. However, we did quickly realize that it really is kind of swinging singles place. I don't think it is considered that officially, but it definitely caters to that group of people. There is a bar/nightclub downstairs, which we did not go to, but all night I was kept awake by the sounds of drunk people hollering and yoo-hooing to each other, knocking on doors and laughing down the hall. So it was definitely an interesting experience. While there, I kind of wished I stole stuff, because they had the coolest mega-high-magnification lighted mirror that wanted to come home with me. But I held strong. Truthfully, I wasn't really tempted to steal, but I do want one of those bad boys. We had a lot of fun, but both of us always feel so strange away from our boys, so we were eager to get back.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

LOL, I havent looked at the prices, but now I will! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.

Shannon said...

Holy Cow! That is like the fanciest hotel ever! I only looked for a second, but geesh! Some of the packages are crazy like! Cool!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Sounds like a fun night! Glad you had a blast...congrats on no stealing Ü we're VERY proud of your willpower!

Amazing Grace said...

Oh I love that place.. I used to go to the nightclub downstairs in my crazy wild days.. It is really fancy!!!