CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 29, 2008

Step away from the microphone

As you may recall from this nostalgic post, I was a HUGE New Kids on the Block fan. Seriously, I was in their fan club, and I wept every time they were in town because my parents could not afford to send me to the concert.  For the first year or so, I was in love with Jordan, but I quickly moved on to Joey, rightfully so.  When they were on awards shows, I would literally sit there and tremble, much to the delight of my fire-extinguishing brother, who mocked me to tears.  I had a life-sized poster of them that hung in my room, and I would talk to it.  Lengthy and detailed discussions about our future together.  It was a magical relationship.  And then I grew up.  I thought they did, too.

But have you heard?  They are reuniting.  Why?  Seriously.  Why?  Who's gonna listen to that?  I mean, maybe for nostalgia's sake, a few old fans will indulge in some guilty-pleasure-NKOTB.  But for real?  I mean, shouldn't we all move on?  Shouldn't Joey just continue with his perfectly respectful Broadway career?  And shouldn't Donnie, actually talented as an actor, work on that?  And the rest of them, um, whatever it is they do...?  Just keep doing it.  Please.  Don't quit your day job.  Seriously.

Seriously.

8 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

hmmm....yes, i would listen for nostalgia sake, but beyond that, i dunno Ü...i do love them! if they bring back the music...they BETTER bring back the big ole PINS!

Ashley said...

I bet you that way more people than you realize would go to the concert.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

we would all go b/c we can afford it now!! LOL...we dont have to ask our parents.

Krista said...

Oh my goodness!!! I totally loved Joey. I had those videos and watched them all the time. I actually did go to a concert and I was so bummed because Joey wasn't there. He was sick or something. Whatever;) Anyway, it was ok because I then fell in love with Jordan cause he was sooo hot in that concert. I was still hot for Joey though cause he is just totally my type. I have a thing for curly haired guys with blue eyes;)

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Ahh, the pins. I remember wearing those to school. :)
I felt the same "seriously?" come to my mind when I saw this story on TV yesterday. Some bands should definately have reunions, like The Police. I have to agree, however, that NKOTB should really just stick with their day jobs.

elisa said...

Wow. I hated new kids.
sorry.

Ashley said...

me too, I used to tease her unmercifully about them. She used to write NKOTB forever on her notebook, it was pretty darn funny!

Mariah said...

Um yeah so I had a poster of Jordan hanging over my top bunk bed and I would kiss it goodnight. I was a dork what can I say...

Oh I still listen to Hanson. Their new albums are quite good actually.