CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 23, 2008

Quandary

Any post I've ever written that has been worth reading literally just "came" to me. I don't usually have to plan my posts, or wonder what to write about. Sometimes immediately after something occurs, be it with the world or in my head, the post starts writing itself in my brain and I have to sit down right that moment or it'll be lost. Or perhaps I'll be doing a mundane task, such as washing dishes or sleeping, and words will pop into my head. They can be about anything: something the boys did or said, something that happened, or just something I've been thinking about. I mean, I think about stuff all the time, because I take life way too seriously, but I can only write about anything effectively if I just let the words ambush me and spill into my brain on to the keyboard. Any time I try to force myself into writing something, it doesn't flow, my thoughts don't come across the way I'd like, and I hate it. Most of the time when that happens, I delete it before it's even posted, but there have been a few times I actually posted the drivel, and it never feels quite right. I sat down tonight wanting to write something, anything, but after three or four tries at random subjects, I have nothing. I don't consider myself a true "writer," at least not yet. I'm not that delusional, but I don't feel true to myself when I force something out. So I find myself quite irritated because the words haven't come to me lately. I've just posted some pictures and nonsense to fill space and so there's something new. But it's all starting to feel so lame, and I'm waiting for my muse to return. I don't know exactly what my muse is, but it needs to come back, darn it! Maybe my brain is all muddled from being sick. Or maybe it's post-holiday letdown. Who knows? Just wanted to "check in" and I'm hoping to have something entertaining soon. (And maybe my excessive use of "quotation marks" is taking the place of actual quality posting. Good grief, I've had to delete more of them in this post than I care to admit.)

I will, however, let you know about my Wii bowling career. I peaked with a high of 236, and five strikes in a row in my heyday. Alas, those skills withered away, much like my muse. For some reason, I started a game, and WHOOSH! I can't do it anymore. Meep, I say, Meep. Bryce set out on a quest to beat all my high scores, and it took him a while, but doggonit, he did it with a score of 264 and five strikes in a row. I bow to the master, but not for long.

*Epiphany* It's the Wii! IT FRIED MY BRAIN!!! I always knew video games were the spawn of Satan...

(Kidding)

10 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

James always does that to me...I FINALLY get good at some sort of random video game or computer game and he makes it his own personal quest to shut me out! For example...I found that I love the game Bejeweled...so...I played and played and played for awhile there, and I got pretty good. But just a few weekends later...NO high score to be seen with my name on it! PUNK.

Ashley said...

I always think my blog is boring. But, it's the day to day stuff and cute pictures and stories that let people into my life. I am sure it's much more entertaining to people than you realize. I know I enjoy it. As a matter of fact I am more annoyed when you don't post. So, keep it up. It's all good!

Anonymous said...

You should try listening to music by the band Muse. It just might be crazy enough to work.

Missy said...

I think you need a Coke. Or two.

;)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oooo...yes, try MUSE! We have the CD if you want to borrow it. They are crazy awesome.
How are those cokes doing? LOL.

Kelli said...

Yes, I'd love to borrow the CD! And the Cokes... um... may they rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

Has NO ONE noticed Bryce's beautiful Wii Bowling High Score. Meep

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yes, I noticed...and its wonderful! But I also noticed that your son's score is slowly creeping up to beat you!!

Shannon said...

we're focusing on KELLI here Mr. Wii! LOL!

And, yes I too have been bitten by the blog writers block bug! I have nothing important to say, and blog ideas seem to be coming few and far between. Heres to wishing some inspiration to come your way!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Too funny how you talk about the blog writing itself in your head and you have to stop (or get up) and go write it. I don't fancy myself a writer (I enjoy it, but realize it's not a career path for me) but that's the same way home I feel when I write. The words start coming and I have to try to catch them. And if I don't stop and write it down when I'm thinking it I can never quite get it back.