CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 07, 2007

Warm weather rant and Christmas Cleaning Fairies

I'm fed up. It's 80 degrees outside! Give me a break. I'm sorry , but no, Jimmy Buffet, I don't want to spend Christmas on Christmas Island. How am I supposed to feel the Christmas spirit when I had to go grocery shopping in a bikini* to ward off the heat? I mean, yeah, there's good will toward men, peace on Earth, yada yada, that's all fine and good. But I want SNOW! ICE! COATS! FROSTBITE! Sledding on a chunk of plywood attached to the back of my big brother's Chevy truck!* Or something equally as ridiculous and fun. The fact that I literally have not owned or worn a coat in over a decade speaks to the sad state of Christmases lately. I had hope on Thanksgiving, but alas, it's lost. I can accept there won't be snow, fine, but good grief, give me at least some rosy cheeks and the need for hot chocolate! (*Disclaimer #1 * I did not really shop in a bikini, that would be horrifying. But I wanted to. Disclaimer #2 * Sledding on plywood attached to the back of my brother's truck really happened, on the icy streets of Grand Prairie. I was probably 12 or so. And it was awesome.)

On another note, after a very busy week where I had something going on every day and had no time for house work, I was having a major breakdown on the phone to Bryce over the ridiculously filthy state of my home, and how I wouldn't have time to clean it properly. Then Mariah, our sister-in-law and Mary Ann, Bryce's mom, pulled up out front. While I was glad to see them, I was distressed because my house was so icky. But oh my gosh, they CLEANED MY HOUSE! Seriously. Mary Ann dusted and scrubbed my bathtub, Mariah vacuumed everything and made my bed, they put up toys and dirty clothes and I was able to clean the kitchen. My house looks awesome, and my major crisis was averted. Thank you so much, ladies. Now the house will be clean for our tree we're going to pick out tomorrow. I am so blessed to have the family and friends I do, and I hardly deserve it.

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

ummm...Can you send them fairies my way next ;) hehe! That is so awesome! And you do SO deserve it :).

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

And I thought that Cleaning Fairies were made of the same myths as the Tooth Fairy. Maybe if I really believe and wish hard...

Erica said...

please send them to my house, too. oh wait, i'm homeless. that was so sweet of them to come to your rescue. lucky woman!

Ashley said...

I too need the cleaning fairies! And speaking of the weather, tonight when we left the BMX track, we had our seat warmers on along with the ac! I am so ready to wear one of my new sweaters!

Missy said...

You know it's supposed to be like 30 for the HIGH on Monday, right? And possibly a wintry mix! Careful what you wish for! :)