CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 04, 2007

"Once there was a gingerbread man, baking in a gingerbread pan."

Last year I really wanted to do gingerbread cookies and decorate them, but I was nine months pregnant with a David Beckham-like octopus creature, and never felt like it. But this year, I really wanted to do it. I want us to have fun Christmas traditions so that Ewan and Fynn will really feel the Christmas spirit, and remember it all their lives. Of course, being a woman of the modern world, I made them from a kit, rather than making them from scratch. (Bertice would be so disappointed. But I did wash my hands, so that will redeem me.) Ewan had so much fun. Oh, and I'm in the process of redoing my table, so pardon the ugliness in one of those pictures. *Bryce was confused by the "David Beckham-like octopus creature" comment. What I meant was, he kicked me all the cotton-pickin' time, and it felt like he had eight limbs. (Pretty self-explanatory to me.) Have I mentioned what an extremely hard pregnancy that was?

Because I'm not a real baker, I don't own a rolling pin. This is from a Play-do set. I did wash it.

I let him do all the shapes.

Bryce's crazy-eyed gingerbread bear. He's wanted in seven states.

Ewan's crazy-eyed snowman. Wanted in Wyoming.

That's my chocolate-chip covered Christmas tree. I was less concerned with creativity and more with how it tasted.

Ditto.

Save me from the highchair, please, Mommy, please. If you click on that picture, you'll see why it was BATHTIME!


8 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

that is AWESOME!! I sorely want to make a gingerbread house...pretty but not as fun as cookies you can eat!! And Fynn reminded me of a certain little girl who needed a bath after dinner tonight...lol...

Ashley said...

mmmm, cookies! I happen to own Bertice's rolling pin. I got it along with the picture in Chloe's room after she died...

Kelli said...

Have you tried it to see if it really does have magic powers?

Ashley said...

Sadly no. Anytime I try to bake bad things happen.... Burnt things happen...

Shannon said...

first. lol, ashley.

second. That looks so fun! What a great way to spend family time, I am totally stealing your idea! Does gingerbread taste good? and where did you get the kit?

Kelli said...

I liked the taste, Bryce didn't much. I got it at Target in the holiday section. Of course.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love baking cookies at Christmas time! Looks like your boys really had fun.

Missy said...

I love making cookies, but I hate cleaning up afterwards. It's the worst! But sugar cookies with frosting are my favorite! Gingerbread, not so much...

:)