CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 02, 2007

Living Biblicially


You HAVE to read this book, The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. I could barely put it down. This man, a writer in New York City, spent one year of his life obeying every single commandment, rule and mere suggestion in the Bible. It was fascinating, inspiring, and I learned so much about the Bible, stuff I'm ashamed to say I didn't know. (Shame on me for sleeping in seminary!) I highly recommend it. He's a good writer, without trying to sound smarter than everyone, and he is just so easy to relate to, especially when he talks about his family. I loved this book so much, I am going to check out his other one, The Know-It-All, about when he read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica.

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

ooooo....looks like a good one...i'll have to check it out!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I saw a thing on TV about this guy. Since you like the book so much I'll have to put it on my library list!