CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 10, 2007

Dear Lady at the Library,

Thanks so much for your concern over my baby on this cold day. But I don't think I need your advice. I happen to think he can handle being out in the cold. See that? What he's wearing? That's called a coat. I assume you don't know since you aren't wearing one yourself. I wasn't aware that when the temperature dropped I was supposed to shut my kids inside the house in isolation and turn the heater up to 208 degrees. It's 40 degrees outside, not 40 below. Please, next time, save your nasty looks and ugly words for someone who needs the advice. Hey, while you are here, why don't you go inside and check out a book on manners, or baby care? Have a lovely day.

Love,
Kelli

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Dang, what the hell happened??????

Kelli said...

I took the kids to the library, and some lady was in the front on the payphone, and she stopped in the middle of her call, looked at Fynn like I was parading in a newborn with only a diaper and pierced nipples and gave me the nastiest "I-can't-believe what-a-piece-of-crap-mother-you-are" look. Then she said, "It's too cold! That baby can't handle this weather. Poor baby!" And some other crap I couldn't quite make out. I just said, "He's all right," and walked away. She was still there on the phone when we left, like 25 minutes.

Ashley said...

weirdo. people are so nosey!

Anonymous said...

Who uses payphones? I can tell just from that that she's nuts.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oh my gosh!!
what the heck?? I HATE it when people mettle...
you just must have a "commentable" face...they just can't help themselves, can they??
did you get anything good at the library?

Kelli said...

The books I got for Ewan sucked, but I checked out Eat, Pray, Love, which is supposed to be really really good.

Shannon said...

Um, seriously I can't believe you didn't say more than "he's ok"! I would've been so much more ride..lol! I just can't beleive some people! The nerve!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

What is it with people feeling like they need to give parenting advice to everyone they see?!!