CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 07, 2007

Black Appled!

As I reflect upon it, I realize this post would not be possible without Shannon. First she told me about this website, which she knew I would love. It's under my links on the right sidebar, under "Websites I Love" called Inside a Black Apple. (Coincidentally, I remembered my sister Amy had told me about it a while back, but I never got around to looking at it, until it was conveniently linked on Shannon's blog.) You really must go look at it, this girl is so creative with the cutest clothes and she has an Etsy shop with adorable handmade pretties. (And everything in her shop is seriously on my Christmas hinting list. Hint, hint.) I frequently look at it and drool over all of her sold-out items. Shannon also told me about her beloved Swap-bot, which is totally fun. It's mainly for people who craft, but since I don't, I found plenty that had to do with writing stories or letters. So, the two of those websites culminated in perfect harmony today, and I was so excited I had to share immediately.

I signed up for a pen pal swap, where you are assigned five people from all over the globe to write, and in turn you get letters from five different people. I've received letters from Belgium, Germany, America, and Greece. My Greek pen pal has by far been my favorite. I'm writing her back immediately after this. She totally rocked my world today by sending me a fabulous letter, from which I can tell she and I have TONS in common, and she included a little postcard from Black Apple! It's so cute, and it actually reminds me a little of Bryce and I, in our younger, slimmer days. The letter arrived with my Anthropologie catalog, and call me a nerd, but they looked so pretty together after I had opened the letter and laid it down on the catalog, that I had to take a picture. I just love the way letters look with the stamp and handwriting. The warm colors of the catalog and the postcard just looked so 1800s, or vintage, I guess, and made me swoon. I was born 200 years too late, you know.

*Sigh*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find a pen pale link on there. I am been thinking about that lately and wanted to do something like that.

Kelli said...

If you search for swaps, go under the category "writing" and just look around at the different ones. There's always been some kind of pen pal one every time I've looked.

Ashley said...

love that postcard!

Erica said...

thanks for the "apple" suggestion...i just visited and will have to add that to my list of blogs to check each day.

Shannon said...

I love Black Apple, she is so cute! That is great you found a pen-pal that you might actually keep, makes it all worth it!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

those look beautiful together!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Love the picture! The colors on the different items look beautiful together.

Amber said...

so cute! I'll have to check that site out.