CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 19, 2007

A mishmash of mishmashing

Today is an odd day, although in a good way. One of my visiting teachers offered to take the kids for a while so I could do some Christmas shopping, or whatever my heart so desired. I opted to keep Fynn, as his face sometimes melts off when left in the company of others, but Ewan was very excited to go play. Especially when he saw all the Thomas the Tank Engine toys, including the big train table. (What IS it about that show...? It's like...magic...or something.) So Fynn and I went to Target (but, of course.) We then came home and I cleaned the kitchen like a mad woman, and now Fynn is napping. So here I am with, like, nothing to do. It's FAB. I am aware my posting has been quite boring, and perhaps you are sick of seeing pictures. If so, boo hoo for you. Something crazy/charming/funny/sad/scary should happen soon, and you'll be the first to know. (On another note, I must say a public THANK YOU! from the bottom of my heart to the owner of the Gold Taurus.)

The other day, I was running around cleaning, and became aware that Fynn had been veeeeerrrry quiet for a looooong time. I was afraid of what I'd find, but all he was doing was sitting in the corner and looking at books. It was so sweet. Then he pooped. While just as important as reading, it was not as sweet.

I gave him his very own ear of corn the other day. He devoured it, sucking, chewing, gnawing, moaning the whole time. And he was NOT happy when I took it away.

Ewan and I wrote a letter to Santa a few days ago from him and Fynn. I was amazed to open the mailbox today and find that Santa had found the time to answer their letter and they EACH got a response. Their little names were on there and everything. What a great guy, and so fast!

Okay, so this is random, but I love these toys. They are fairly new, as far as I know, and I just think they are so fun and old-fashioned. They are made of wood and plastic and there are different characters along with play houses, firetrucks, animal hospitals, etc. I bought the Hulk and Spiderman a while back, and recently decided I had to have that cop and robber. (For Fynn, of course, not me. Ahem.) And the four of them are going to fight lots of crime together. I have a very strong suspicion Santa got some more of this stuff... But who knows, I've been wrong in the past.

12 comments:

Missy said...

Did you get those little guys at Target because they're so cute!

Kelli said...

Yeah, they are at Target. In the same general area as the "Little People" stuff. They have lots of sets of two characters, including Elmo & Grover, and a firetruck, a mechanic's shop, a veterinarian, and some girly stuff, too.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

cute stuff!!! I LOVE giving aubree her own ear of corn...its a hilarious mess!
Im so glad you got a day to your semi-self! So nice!!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a good day! I should've gotten you that cop and robber! Now I feel bad, he probably doesn't even like the cars! And did the PO send those letters to the kids or you? b/c that is CUTE!

Kelli said...

No, he loves the cars, and it was a perfect gift. And I didn't send the letters, seriously. Santa did.

Ashley said...

You can totally tell he's pooping! I love those toys too. I want some!!

Kelli said...

Oh, and they have a pirate ship. I reeeeeeally want the pirate ship. Sadly, I don't think it was in Santa's budget...

Kelli said...

Oh, I added the link to Target's page of those toys. It's on "these toys" under the cop and robber picture.

Shannon said...

yes, i saw the pirate ship when they first came out! it is SO totally cute! We, well Natalie got Brady the Elmo and Grover, if any of you see the other Sesame sets tell me where! I want the Abby Cadabby one! and big bird! so cute! And dang that robber, cute, may just have to get me one of those! oh oh and they have a little football player with a cheerleader too! super cute!

Shannon said...

found this: http://www.learningcurve.com/playtown/p1

Missy said...

I saw these at Wal-mart yesterday, too, but they only had the pirates and the elmo and grover. They're so cute! I think they were $7.99/two.

And I'm assuming Gold Taurus either stopped driving by or fixed their car?

Kelli said...

I'm not really sure if they fixed it or not... I just know I stopped being scared out of my skin and don't hear it anymore. YAY!