CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

December 16, 2007

If a picture is worth a thousand words...

...then I've just written a novel. Here are some pictures from our very eventful, and exhausting, Saturday.
As Sarah and Shannon both mentioned, we had them over for a little Christmas get-together. Our dog, Sugar, was banned to the laundry room (with a broken pet door). This was our view of her for the duration of the event.
The kids did a gift exchange, and I mentioned to Sarah, who was buying by proxy for Aubree, that Ewan would just die for Leo's Baton from Little Einstein's. I was right, as you can see from his face. He had to be resuscitated shortly after this picture was taken.

After being resuscitated, he began to conduct. (Side note, the kitchen is a work in progress.)

And conduct. In fact, I've been listening to that thing play Beethoven and Bizet for 24 hours now. He says Bizet is his favorite.

Fynn making his signature face. He cared far more for the packaging than he did for the precious little cars Shannon bought him. Um, I mean, that Natalie got for him.

My cute little owl, hunting for rabbit.

We then traveled to the Gaylord for their Christmas display.

Yeah, um, they had live reindeer corralled in little pens. While neat for the kiddos, I wanted to release them so badly. Ewan asked me where Rudolph was.

A simply beautiful shot Bryce took of this cool wall with water cascading down.

Unfortunately, we didn't think of having someone taking a picture of all of us. Next time.

They have cool little cities set up all over with trains going around. I recommend the Gaylord for Christmas time. It's so fun, and you can really feel the Christmas excitement going on everywhere. (But be sure to eat dinner first. I was having such a hunger melt-down, we left before we could see Santa. Which was okay with Ewan, because I think he's terrified, although in love with the idea, of him.) Of course, all the beautiful people in their fancy dresses had me more than a little concerned over the cookies and fudge I had consumed at the party...

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Just to clarify...you said Ewan would "crap his pants" if he got Leo's baton...and even though we know he didn't, I think he was VERY close...I know I would be after waving my hands...I mean CONDUCTING like that for so many minutes straight!!
It was a ton of fun, thanks for having us! I still have some FUDGE left if you want it....hahahahaha! MMMMMMMMMMMM

Kelli said...

Um, Sarah, I was trying to be delicate for those of us with more delicate sensibilities. But, yes, he nearly did crap his pants. Mmmmm, fudge.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

My apologies to everyone....WAIT...who is "delicate" here??? Umm..yeah

Kelli said...

Shhh, no one is supposed to know we're not delicate...

Shannon said...

LOLOL, I love you ladies! and we did have so much fun! Ewan was so fricken cute with that thing. I think Sugar may have gotten the cute award though, even though dogs annoy me they sure know how to turn on the pathetic cuteness when needed!

Ashley said...

crap and fudge, reminds me of a converstion amongst my boys the other day!