CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

March 04, 2008

Indulgence and Abstinence

Bryce and I decided to bite the bullet and finish painting tonight. If we hadn't done it, it would be sitting partially done for months. It went a lot better and faster tonight, as we had a very special, short helper:
He had fun, and ended up with surprisingly little paint on him, considering.

Bryce and I were able to get a lot of projects done over this little vacation of his, and I am so excited! But one drawback of all this "hard labor" is that over the last few days, we'd look up and realize it was nearly 6:30 and we had taken no thoughts for dinner. It has been a fast-food fest, and we feel disgusting. So not only for financial reasons, although that is a big part of it, we are going on a complete "fast food fast" for the entire month of March. It seemed to come to Bryce in a moment of inspiration during our family prayer. We are going to make it a matter of prayer and faith, to see how much better we feel at the end of the month, much like Daniel's challenge to Ashpenaz. This is going to be difficult for both of us, since he has more late, late nights ahead of him. When he's at work late, they often buy him take-out, and when he works late, I often don't want to cook! Plus, I do love my fries. But we're determined, and hopefully this can be the start of a life-long change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ding, fries are done. Checkmate.

Bittles said...

I think that is a great idea, I am totally copying! (copying the fast food fast not the getting amazing things done with my house, that is not happening anytime soon)

Amber said...

this will be a hard challenge but so worth it. we used to order pizza several times a month. now I make pizza (with real pizza dough) from scratch every monday for fhe and we love it so much more.

I wonder if there is a good fry recipe out there? maybe one you can make a whole bunch and then freeze them and just cook them in batches. yumm!

elisa said...

Sweet potato fries are yummy!