CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

March 06, 2008

Fast-food fast? Not so fast!

What a good little wifey/mommy I was this evening. Or started to be.  All day long I had been thinking of a nice steaming pot of hot chili for my family on this cold, cold evening. My mouth was watering for it as I browned the meat, and began to simmer it with some diced tomatoes and beans. I went to my spices to find my cumin and chili powder. Hmmmm.... they didn't appear to be there. I dug around, still nothing. And I've made chili recently enough to KNOW I have some little jars of the blessed stuff. Now, lately, I've been a little under the weather and sleep-deprived, so my emotions are a little out of whack, and not being able to find the spices, forgive the expression - but it really pissed me off. I took apart all of shelves, looked under and behind the fridge. I looked up in the medicine cabinet, and basically tore my kitchen apart. Nothing. And really, in the grand scheme, no biggie. I know.  So, yeah, I packed the kids in the car and we went to Chick-fil-A.  So sue me.  Yeah, I could have made my concoction into something else, but I'm certainly not a creative cook, and I hate to cook anyway.  The best part about this is when I was on the phone with Bryce telling him where I was going, he began to fuss at me, griping about how I couldn't even last a week.  And then, without one trace of irony in his voice, these actual words came out of his mouth, "...I mean, I had Pizza Hut for lunch, but - "  I did not let him speak any further.  And his claim that it was "only two pieces" didn't help his case any.  


Fast-food fast, rewind, restart, and go!

9 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Isn't it maddening when you KNOW that something should be there and it's not! Watch, those spices will turn up when you least expect it. Chick-fil-A is always an excellent consolation prize though!

Shannon said...

Men! I love Bryce's "but" tacked on the end! Typical, but hey at least you had Chick Fil A! He only got to have pizza hut!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Hehe...you know Aubree hid it somewhere, don't you?! She LOVES your pantry Ü.
And you SO deserve Chick-fil-a after Bryce's little "confession". Dude was trying to HIDE that from you!! LOL.
You can do it...rewinds are AWESOME.

Missy said...

Hahahaha. Ha. So funny. Pizza Hut, blech! I hear you on the chili, I would have done the exact same thing. I get SO frustrated about things like that, too! It drives me crazy!

Anonymous said...

pizza gives you more of the food groups than a chicken sandwich.
cheese - dairy
crust - grains
sauce and toppings - fruits and vegetables
pepperoni - protein
grease - grease
cardboard box - fiber
garlic dipping sauce - vitamin G-7

Anonymous said...

Thank you man-blogger!

Shannon said...

I love that vitamin G-7, yummy! but that is Papa John's Anon, c'mon, get it right or pay the price!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

ooo...Shannon makes a good point...Pizza Hut does NOT include garlic sauce!

Anonymous said...

sorry, I wasn't talking about Pizza Hut specifically. Ranch also has vitamin G-7.