CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

March 03, 2008

I hate painting. No, really I do.

Bryce worked so many hours the last few weeks, he took two days off so we could get some stuff done around the house. Project Number One was painting. We were originally going to have a "painting party," but Fynn's accident put off our plans, so we had to do it in the middle of the week. So it was just me and Bryce; Sarah watched the boys for us (thank you). I had a minor heart attack at first because the color was waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too bright and dark. But we were able to lighten it with some white paint Sarah gave us (again, thank you), and the result was nice. We still have at least one more wall to go, but here is my favorite wall where I was able to hang up my newest prints from Christmas and my birthday. We may actually have a painting party to finish the rest, perhaps after Ewan's birthday party, which is rapidly approaching.

That red cat belonged to my grandmother, actually given to her by my parents. I love it so much, and I think it looks so good there next to the fish bowl. However... I highly doubt either one can stay there, due to a little midget who lives with us who goes by the name of Fynn. He has a penchant for destroying shiny things. And who am I to put an innocent little fish in the line of danger?

11 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

THAT LOOKS FABULOUS!! Good job you too! Well worth the wait! I can't wait to see it up close and personal Ü.
Glad the paint did the job! YAY for it almost being done!

elisa said...

very nice, i love the blue and the whole wall looks great!

Ashley said...

Pretty! and cheerful!

Kelli said...

Ashley, I still want you to come help me figure stuff out!

Jenny said...

Ahhhhh, that looks so good! And I hope you keep the red cat, it goes great with the wall and prints. Just velcro it to the table.

Sarah Young said...

I'm impressed with your picture hanging abilities! It looks great! I've been wanting to do a grouping like that, but I always put a million holes in my wall trying to get just one or two pictures all straight!

Missy said...

I really like it, too! I was hoping you'd add some red accents with that pretty blue! You are very brave for putting the cat there, it wouldn't last 5 minutes in my house! I especially love your collage. Very nice.

Kelli said...

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to like my living room for the first time.

Oh, trust me. A lot of repair had to be done before we could paint due to my massacre of the walls. Lots of holes. And don't tell Bryce, but there are a few new ones that were birthed while trying to get that arrangement...

Erica said...

looks great, kelli. i just took a picture at ikea of a wall of frames (to copy of course), but yours looks better!

Bittles said...

Looks awesome!

Shannon said...

I like it! The best thing about having your own place is being able to decorate it the way YOU want! The color is lovely, and very relaxing.