CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

March 22, 2008

Birthday party

Okay, so this totally has nothing to do with this post, but I had to share. I'm sitting here at the desk, on which sit two of our fishbowls. I kept hearing a very light "tap, tap" on glass. I look up to finally see one of my fish, the one we call Stuart, tapping its mouth on the glass in my direction. Over and over again, and loud enough that I'd swear he had teeth. Then it would stop and stare at me. I usually feed them at night, so I suppose he was impatient. Now that's he's fed, he's swimming around happily. Cool. He communicates.

Okay, to get off of that tangent, today was Ewan's birthday party, and he had a really good turnout. He had lots of friends and family over, and received a king's ransom of Thomas the Tank Engine stuff. I kind of feel bad, because Fynn was totally shafted on his birthday - I didn't plan the party well enough among other things. I know he's only one and doesn't know the difference, but it's the principle of the thing. Next birthday for him is gonna be AWESOME. Thanks to everyone who came and showed Ewan so much love. We appreciate all of you and you made it such a wonderful day for him. Anyway, after the party, Ewan and I went on a date to see Horton Hears a Who. We had a lot of fun, and here are some pictures from the party. (I did have some more cute ones of his other friends, but wasn't sure if their mothers would want me publishing their pictures on here. So I'll e-mail some to those moms whose kids were there.)
Playing with his cousins, Hayden and Chloe, whose hair looked totally red in all the pictures by the way. (I'll send them to you, Ashley.)

The cake. Ewan loves when they crash, so I made it crash in the chocolate. The effect was especially genuine seeing as I actually dropped it into the cake.

He was so excited about "Mighty Mac."

Pizza, picnic style. The kids had a blast just running around and being free on this gorgeous day.

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Fun party! Good job...we love Fynn, too...Ü.

Ashley said...

Yes, we had a good time too! Personally I am worn out! My kids need to hurry and fall asleep so the Easter Bunny can get down to business...

Shannon said...

Oh yes, it was so fun! I was bummed that we left early (we should have stayed...), but we had a very good time while we were there! Natalie loved eating outside, it was such a PERFECT day for it! And feel free to send me any pics of my monkeys that you may have taken! (I have a TON i need to send you from nat's party, it's on my neverending to do list...) And he did get some great loot didn't he! :)

Kelli said...

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm so concerned with presents. While I'm glad he was able to build up his Thomas collection, to me it's just that he feels loved that people came to be with him and celebrate with him. And that's all I wanted for Fynn, too.

Shannon said...

Yes, gifts are a sweet way of saying "I care about you! Enough to pick something out just for you!" Natalie loves her barbie from ewan not only b/c she is too cute, but b/c HE picked it out!

Jenny said...

We had a blast. I had such a good time talking with everyone, and boy, was Stevie mad at me when we had to leave!