CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 23, 2008

Very sad thing and very good thing

Bryce and I were very distressed yesterday as we drove by this, literally minutes after it happened. They had not yet even covered the victim, and luckily Ewan was asleep because it was right on his side of the car. We weren't even trying to see, at first we thought the traffic holdup was a fender bender, and were irritated at the slowdown. But as horrible as seeing the man lying there was, and the trauma to the body, the saddest thing for me was seeing the three young girls that had been in the other car, sitting huddled against the divider, clinging to each other and sobbing. Both visuals have stayed with me and Bryce ever since, and I don't know when I'll be able to shake the images.

In an effort to do just that, I want to post the pictures of Ewan's preschool program. (Thanks again, Shannon.)

Shannon and I were sitting on opposite sides of the gym, and I kept seeing Ewan looking for me, just searching all around, but he never looked right at me. He obviously found Shannon and her family taking pictures of him.

Making music.

Preschooler Bowling.

Mmmmm, cake for lunch.

Buddies. Pardon the lovely look on Ewan's face, he was mid-chew.


5 comments:

Ashley said...

Those pics are adorable, Ewan is so grown up!! That is very sad about that wreck.

Jenny said...

DANG, i wish I'd put stevie in that preschool...it's such a good one.

Shannon said...

Oh what a sad thing to see, those certainly are the kinds of images you can't get out of your head! Not fun! On the other hand, aren't you glad I got a shot of preschooler bowling?

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

That wreck was so sad. I am very lucky that my boys didn't see that accident, we were only a few minutes ahead of it.
The preschool pictures are too cute!