CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 20, 2008

Night happenings

Bryce got home at 2:00 this morning, and didn't have a house key with him.  I forgot this fact, and was brutally awakened by the dog barking her head off, of course right outside the kids' door.  I finally realized Bryce must be home, and I stumbled up to let him in, right as Ewan stumbles out of his room telling me he's had a nightmare.  He likes to sleep on the couch when this happens, so I snuck into his room to get his pillow and bear.  There was Fynn, laying on his side, staring at his Gloworm, which he has recently rediscovered.  It was laying right next to him, and the glow was shining on his face as he listened to the music.  He saw me, gave me a small grin, and just continued listening and staring.  I am not even kidding when I tell you that since I had Ewan four years ago, nothing has melted my heart as much as seeing Fynn laying there with that Gloworm.  

After the house had finally settled back down, I was having a bit of a hard time going back to sleep, when my beloved new kitty Ruby climbed up on my pillow, and for twenty minutes proceeded to search through my hair, like she was looking for somewhere to nurse.  But it was like the nicest head massage as her paws just kneaded my scalp.  She finally gave up, realized I don't have cat nipples on my head, and wrapped herself in my hair, where she slept for six hours straight.  Ahhh, I love that kitty.  

(And do you see how you can tell I'm really a cat person?  When I talk about the dog, which is almost never, I only refer to her as "the dog."  I haven't even mentioned the new dog once since he came here.  But get me a kitty, and I'll talk about almost nothing else, and I even refer to her by name.  They are like my family, cats.  It's a good thing I got married, because I would seriously be crazy cat lady.)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

OK, youhave such a way with words, and now in my mids you will always be the crazy cat lady...I kid, I kid! hehehe.

And I must agree with you about the power of the Gloworm. Brady first fell in love with them at your house, when we used to stick him in the pack 'n play. So I bought him one, he still loves it and asks for it, and he holds it and also gazes lovingly at it while it sings him to sleep. I agree that it is the most precious thing ever! You have inspired me, I have a story to tell :)

Shannon said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say....get that foo a key!

and P.S. um, yeah sorry for all the typos in the last comment :S yeah, "mids" should be "mind" not as funny if it is spelled totally wacko!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ahhh....Gloworms. I remember my sisters having one of those! I bet Aube would love one of those!

Mubeen said...

I remember having a gloworm! Loved them! I'll have to agree with the others and get Zayn one! I also agree with Shannon. You have a way with words. I bet you tell good stories! You know how to keep one's attention!