CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 12, 2008

Peanuts, Cracker Jack and Man's Best Friend

Bryce has taken Ewan to his first baseball game tonight.  He was so excited, but we quickly realized he thought HE was going to be playing, not just watching.  We had a mini-drama over that, but Bryce just sent me a message saying Ewan is having a blast.  I made Bryce take the camera, so hopefully there will be some cute pictures to post.  While they were gone, Fynn and I had some fun throwing a ball all around the living room, until he began to melt down and I put him in bed.  Having this time to myself has been nice, although the movie I had set aside to watch turned out to be kind of boring.  But I gave myself a pedicure, read some gloriously stupid yet fun websites, and watched stupid TV.  It was refreshing.  

I'm a little distressed because some new neighbors have moved in behind us, and let me tell you...  I feel like they might be related to the people that camped by us this weekend.  I actually remember from the park ranger reading out their IDs that one of them lived in Arlington. I'm pretty sure that's him behind us. They are yelling at each other constantly, using many expletives, and even as we speak their music is blaring through my backyard.  They also have three very aggressive pit bulls.  Today I was outside with the kids when Fynn wandered to that corner of the fence.  Before I could get to him, those dogs had started barking at him so furiously that our two dogs rushed over in defense.  So there is my Fynn, in the middle of five very angry, loud dogs, and he was shaking so violently I could see it from far away.  But he was paralyzed and wouldn't walk away.  Our backyard is big, and I've been having my lovely pregnancy sciatica that I can't ever seem to escape, so it took me a minute to get to him.  He just clung to me so hard and cried his little heart out.  It was sad for Fynn, but I also was glad our dogs had that instinct to protect him.  I guess I can put up with some shedding and invasion of personal space after all.  

9 comments:

Jenny said...

ARRRRGGHHH, I HATE PIT BULLS! I know that not all of them are bad, but so far I've yet to find one that hasn't tried to kill me. Nothing like having fabulous neighbors! I hope Fynn's recovered from his scare! (Oh, and having sciatica sucks...I had it with Stevie and it just NEVER GOES AWAY!)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yes, I feel the same way about Pit Bulls...I DON"T want to be on the same side (or ANY side) of the street with them. And yay for your hero dogs!!
You know what this means, right? You need to move over to GP 1st ward! I know Arlington 1st would hate to lose ya...but we are in desperate need of primary children! We only have 12 on a good Sunday!! And thats both Jr and Sr!
Im so sorry about your sciatica. I will show you some stretches and rub on it if you need. And really...I can show Bryce what to do, too, to help make a difference.
I must have been feeling your pain...mine started to act up while playing Wii tonight!! How pathetic!

Ashley said...

Pit bulls are scary. Hopefully they stay in their own yard. Sciatica does suck and having epidurals builds scar tissue which doesn't help matters. And, Burleson ward could use more kids too, Relief Society seems sparse as well. Plus, I'll rub your back and help with pedicures when you can no longer reach your toes!!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Yea for baseball! We have taken the boys to several baseball games and it has been great. Such a fun outing.
Poor Fynn, but what good dogs you have! (And ditto with everyone else of sciatica sucking.)

Missy said...

Calm down there Sarah on the moving! :)

I know how bad sciatica is when you're pregnant because I had it for 2 months. I was miserable! Anything you can do to help it DO IT!

Oh, and I, too, hate Pitt Bulls!

Hey Ashley, my sister is in the Burleson Ward! But don't leave us Kelli! Unless it's Reno and then we understand.

Ashley said...

Who is your sister? I know a few people finally!

Shannon said...

Um, yeah that sucks about new wacko neighbors, hopefully it doesnt' get to be a huge problem, if it does I am sure there must be something you can do! It just isn't safe to have dogs like that around, especially if they are not used to being around kids which makes them a million times worse!

Missy said...

My sister is Suzy Adams. Her husband used to be the bishop. She's in Primary, but I can't remember what she does in there.... so your kids might know her at least!

Ashley said...

Yes, I know the bishop. He has been very kind to Jon. So, your sister is obviously alot older? I am pretty sure I know her, by face. I am terrible with names. Small world, huh?