CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 16, 2008

Coca-Cola, take me away...

Well, it has been one whopper of a day.  I woke up exhausted, because let me tell you, this schedule of Bryce's SUCKS.  There's no other way to say it, sorry.  He hasn't been getting home until 4:30 am, and last night it was 5:00 am.  So he has to sleep half of the day away, which is difficult because our house is very tiny, and our doorknobs have become very easy for Fynn to open, so it's impossible to keep him out.  Bryce may as well be trying to sleep on the couch in the middle of the living room for all the good it does.  Plus, when he's not here, I just can't sleep as good.  

So I woke up a little cranky today, and my dog keeps escaping the backyard, and Fynn WILL.NOT.STOP.CLIMBING.ON.THE.TABLE.  I have to keep all the chairs across the room from the kitchen table and move them back and forth constantly for meal times or coloring or whatever.  Today, I forgot to move Ewan's chair, and I dozed off on the couch.  For like two minutes.  I popped awake and asked Ewan what Fynn was doing, and he said, "Standing on the table."  Yes, indeed, he was, and he had poured an entire glass of milk on the floor, which the dog was enjoying licking up.  After Fynn had woken Bryce up a dozen times, I decided to go get groceries and added to my list "new doorknob" and only half jokingly "child leash."

I needed to get gas, so I stop on the way to the store, and their pump won't turn on.  I swiped my card twice, it was accepted, but then it just didn't do anything.  So I unload the kids, traipse inside where the pimply faced, awkward ugly teenager basically told me I was stupid and that I needed to swipe my card.  Ummmm, I did, jerk.  I decide to go to another gas station, and seriously, for like five seconds, my foot was lead because I was so worked up, and in the ONE BLOCK that my foot was heavy, a cop nabbed me.  I was going 54 in a 35.  OOPS!  But the kicker was that I couldn't find our insurance card anywhere, and he decided to try to track our insurance down FOR HALF AN HOUR.  He told me he was supposed to tow my car away, but I think since I had the two kids and was so nice, he just gave me a nice $900 ticket instead.  (So expensive because I was nabbed in my parent's car in 2001 with no insurance.)  Luckily, we do actually have insurance, so we'll get out of that.  Although not for the $200 speeding ticket.  Yippee.

You can tell I was upset when I shopped because items on the grocery bill included:  one Coke, one candy bar, break and bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, ricotta cheese tortellini, Boston Market lasagna (cheesy) and lots of macaroni and cheese.  Will I eat all of that today?  That's for me to know and you to find out.

12 comments:

Missy said...

Okay well your bad day makes my pity party look like a cake walk! Don't you ever just think "Geez, what the frikkin heck is going on around here?" I mean, what could you have done to the universe to have it stab you in the back so gleefully? I love how Arlington like QUADRUPLES tickets for no insurance? I was in line paying for a ticket sometime last year and a guy in front of me had a $1200 ticket he was putting on a payment plan! So it could be a lot worse...

I hope that tomorrow is a new and better day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Sarah can take the defensive driving course together. How long does Bryce have to work this shift?

Mubeen said...

Wow, I thought I was having a bad day! I hope tomorrow is a better one for you. OH! And they DO make child leashes!!! lol...I got one for Madyson when I went to Utah with the kids by myself. Didn't use it though..lol

Kelli said...

Supposedly it's for only two weeks, but I have a hard time believing anything he tells me about that place. Not his fault, the company's fault. I have a feeling it will be longer.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ah, dang! What a day. Cops are on my list...you know they are just sitting back there playing video games while we sit and simmer!
James just informed that the Comedian Defensive Driving is a real thing at El Chico's....nice.

Shannon said...

Oh Kelli! That is just plain horrible! I am so sorry, why does it all have to happen at once?? Oh that speeding ticket :(. But, bright side of the story, Fynn climbing on the table kinda cracked me up, though I know it must be SUPER annoying to you! You do have a way with words though, to keep me laughing through an absolutely terrible day! Hugs and kisses coming your way! Hope this weekend is better!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Lousy day!
I would definitely recommend taking the defensive driving class. It's way cheaper than paying the speeding ticket. Plus if you do the one at El Chico you get to be, and more impotantly eat at, El Chico.

Jenny said...

I hate sucky days. But cheese does seem to make things better for me, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I always looked down my nose at people who used child leashes until Jeremy was born and got to be a toddler, and guess what, I used one with him for his safety and my sanity. I'm not ashamed and knowing your brother


r I'm sure you can understand.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I always looked down my nose at people who used child leashes until Jeremy was born and got to be a toddler, and guess what, I used one with him for his safety and my sanity. I'm not ashamed and knowing your brother


r I'm sure you can understand.

Sarah Young said...

Uhhh what a crappy day!!! Hopefully the break n' bake cookies helped out a little bit. I know something naughty usually helps me cope just a bit better!

Ashley said...

Mmmm cheese and coke and cookies... makes any day better!