CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 13, 2008

Run like the wind

For Ewan's preschool the other day, as a wrap-up party for the Alphabet, they were to go dressed as a letter of the alphabet. Now, I'm not creative, not even a little bit when it comes to things like costumes and such. My brilliant idea was to get an old white t-shirt and write W words all over it. He originally wanted to be the letter Z, but Mr. Z supposedly is covered in zippers. If I sewed, and if I wasn't a procrastinator, I would have gone and bought a jillion zippers and covered an outfit with them. As it stands, I ended up having to call Ashley for a lightning bolt idea. And in under 30 seconds, she had one. (She's so good at that!) She said, brown pants, blue shirt, blue "cape" (i.e. baby blanket) and he would be Mr. W as The Wind. He loved the idea and even managed to keep his cape on throughout all of preschool.
Last night's baseball game was a raging success, although the immediate aftermath was a little dramatic. I had told Bryce to bring me back one of those awesoem ballpark hotdogs, so he did. I guess at some point in the car, Ewan squished it a little, and Bryce told him that it was mine, and that wasn't nice. Ewan began to worry a little. When I opened the door, he looked fine, and told me, "I accidentally squished your hot dog." He looked so worried, which prompted me to exclaim a little too loudly, "Oh, honey, that's OK!" Well, he started wailing. And wailing. I've never heard anything like it, it sounded like Marley's ghost moaning through a megaphone. He told me, "I don't like squishing other people's food!" It was so bad it took us thirty minutes to get him calmed down and into bed. He was just so tired. But I laid down with him before he fell asleep, and he told me about all these people he met. He was especially excited that he met a Canadian. For months, Bryce has told him about how Canadians talk funny, especially how they say "soory." One day he even talked for an hour describing to us different ways Canadians say various words. It was hilarious. Truck was something "trubaskado." Bryce had painted such a funny picture in his head that Ewan didn't realize Canadians are people. He has referred to them as Canadian aliens, or some sort of animal. So for him to meet a Canadian and see he was actually a human being, well, it was a big moment.

Uncle Troy, Ewan, Bryce

T-ball

Uncle Troy

Mmmm... Coke.


6 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww, he looks cute! Did he get to see any fireworks?

Kelli said...

I'm not sure - I forgot to ask Bryce and Ewan's answer was confusing. I asked him and he said he DID see some, but then he said they didn't get a last homerun. So I said, you didn't see fireworks then? And he said, in this tone of DUH, MOM! "They didn't get a last homerun!"

Shannon said...

What fun! sounds like he had a great time, and his costume looks so cute! I need to get a pic of Nat in hers before i toss it!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Cool costume, Mr W!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Ewan told me all about the Canadian when he was here yesterday. I hope my boys weren't too much for him, they had such a good time.

Jenny said...

Marley's ghost moaning through a megaphone...you crack me up!