CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 02, 2008

Amateur photographer, mud pies, and crazy people

*Note* I'll have you know that I am this close to throwing my computer through the window because it will not properly publish my font. Everything is all squinched together. Pardon the strain on your eyes, and also my cussing, which maybe you didn't hear, but trust me, it happened.


Ewan is currently ground from any video or computer games. Today, as a substitute, he decided to take some pictures. Usually he takes pictures of the wall or a box of crackers, but today he actually got some good shots of Fynn. Later in the day, he wanted to dig for worms, but our neighbors lovely pit bulls were trying to climb the fence to eat our dog, so we decided to go play in our side yard instead. And it was a total MUD PIT! So naturally we took our shoes off and had a grand old time. Well, except for Fynn, he didn't like the feeling of the mud so much, so he steered clear.


Taken by Ewan while playing Door Peekaboo

Those big, soulful eyes are full of tears because I was on an important phone call and had put him down because he was screaming in my ear. Also taken by Ewan.

Sitting in the mud pit.
Standing in the mud pit.

He got much dirtier after this one.


Tonight we went to the ball game with the Saunders, Bowers, Kirchmanns, Grimmetts and Grundbergs. That was a lot of fun, and the kids did really well. (Again, I'll be stealing pictures from the other people present, so those will come later.) The only dark spot on the whole evening was the bat*%$! crazy woman who sat next to us. All the kids were pretty much communal property among all of us families, the whole "it takes a village" thing, and Ewan and Natalie were sitting in two chairs next to me. Some young couple wandered over the the seats next to them, and at first I thought this lady was just overly friendly as she started chitchatting with the kids. A little annoying, but nothing compared to when I looked over and she was giving them cotton candy! Now, I don't care if my child has cotton candy, we were going to buy some for him, but where on Earth did this lady hear it was okay to offer someone else's children, that you don't know, candy? I was very aggravated, but was trying to be nice, so I just thanked her. And she continued with the questions, working her way to asking them their names. Bryce and I were both getting very uncomfortable, but nothing prepared me for when she started TICKLING MY SON. Seriously. Tickling him. Um, yeah, don't touch my kid. So I start figuring out in my head how I'm going to lure him away, when that woman pulled out a camera and was taking pictures of both of them. That was the final straw, and I had to work up my courage to get them away NOW. Luckily, Natalie saw Bella and wanted to be with her, so that worked out. But I had to physically pick Ewan up and put him in my lap to get him away from her. She and her companion apparently got the hint, because they immediately left and went back to whatever hole they came from. But seriously, how many grossly inappropriate things was she going to work into a ten minute period? So we had to have the talk with Ewan that even though strangers may seem nice, we just don't know, and that all the things she was doing were not appropriate. I am mad at myself, though, because I should have immediately said, "Please don't tickle him." The cotton candy thing I could have overlooked, because we were right there, and she was eating it as well, but the rest was so far over the line, and I hate that I even hesitated to offend her. But I finally did, and I know Natalie also got a good lecture from her mother about it once I told her what happened. It's a lesson to be learned by me to stop caring about offending other people.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Weird woman!!! Fynn looks exactly like Ewan in some of those pics!

Missy said...

Your fonts look fine on my screen! Sometimes that happens to me though, especially on IM!

Yes, the overly friendliness of that girl was really disconcerting. I noticed you didn't mention she TOOK PICTURES OF THEM! I mean, seriously. If there's one thing that parents are failing to teach their kids it's boundaries and respect for other people. Because seriously she would not be that way toward your kids if she had any respect for you. It's one thing to be friendly, it's another thing to be CREEPY.

It was a good time though! I'll post some pictures sometime today... If I can stay awake long enough at my desk to do it!

Kelli said...

Oh, I did mention it, because it really was the final straw. My mother in law made a good point about it, that if it was a man doing that, I wouldn't have even put up with it for a second! Next time something like that happens (hopefully never) I'll say something immediately.

Missy said...

Oh ha, yeah you did mention it. That's what I get for reading so fast!

Your mother in law is right! Man. Stupid crazy people.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Last night was so much fun! Thank you guys for organizing it.
And I can't even believe the tickling and tacking pictures. Makes me sick. I have talked to my boys about not taking food from strangers and about how strangers shouldn't touch you, but I probably should go over it again with them. I think when it comes to the safety of your own children you just do whatever you have to.

Jenny said...

yikes, I had no idea this was going on down there...did this girl have glasses and a ball cap on? Because I think she trying to chat with Shannon and Stevie when we were coming back from the play area before she saw me with them.

And seriously, if it had been a man we would have all been hitting him with rolling pins...you just don't expect that kind of behavior from a girl but it's still outrageously inappropriate. Pictures? Yuck.

Erica said...

Yes, all of the above about the woman! But the coolest thing, to me, is that you let Ewan use the camera! I love it. We found some old pictures that Scott took with his camera when he was very little, and they are a hoot! Different perspective altogether.

Borton Family said...

That game sounds like a lot of fun. I dont like crazy people. I think we are going to take the boys to a game. I am impressed with the mud stuff on Ewan. I have a hard time letting the boys get that dirty, all I seem to think about is "I am going to have to clean that up."