CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

July 01, 2008

Recharging batteries

Ever since this post, I've been very much a homebody and trying to just stay home and enjoy my boys. I think I wore myself out the entire month of May. The combination of me with the boys ended up in at least one doctor's appointment each week, sometimes more, and I was getting in the car every day and either running off to the store, or to a play date, or running errands. All this while suffering some serious pregnancy exhaustion. Then I had a little personal upset at the end of the month, and for about a week, I was just an emotional mess. So without real intention, I basically took the month of June off. I didn't really plan it, but I was just so emotionally and physically worn out, that I had no desire to go anywhere, do anything, have anyone over - nothing. And you know what, it was so nice. I'd gotten so wrapped up in "me," going to the store because I wanted to, running the boys around constantly, and I even think they were a little worn out and frustrated, too. So the past month, we've mostly stayed home and played together, organized some things, and just tried really hard to get on a real routine. I know I feel so much better and happier, and just rested up. I'm watching Ben again for the rest of the summer, and that has really helped me get us back on a routine, and the days are so much smoother - it's been a blessing. I'm sorry if I've put anyone off or seemed like I was being anti-social, but it really was what I needed to charge my batteries, and I'm feeling much better now. So maybe this 4th of July will kick off a little more social me. Although, I will say, I just simply cannot over-schedule myself anymore. I'm still going to be a bit of a homebody, only doing things outside the house a couple of times a week.


Anyway, just wanted to say all that, and now for a couple of cute pictures:

One day in their room, they'd gotten very quiet, which of course made me nervous. But I found them just sitting together, reading books. It was very sweet, and I'm so glad I got the picture.

Something very interesting was going on outside today, and I think it was a cat on our car. Ben and Fynn enjoyed it a lot. Fynn found good use for the Mr. Potato Head bucket.

4 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I know exactly how you feel!! I spent the first few weeks after the boys got out of school trying to keep us so busy that we wouldn't have time to think about or miss Josh, and then one day I realized that we were so busy we were all burning out. And we've taken a short reprieve from being so busy, too. I'm trying to plan a couple activities a week instead of several things each day.

Jenny said...

ME TOO! Being all the way out here has rather forced me to slow everything down a bit. I realized that I had been taking hardly anytime to just spend time alone with my boys, not to mention just sitting down with a book now and again. Remember that talk Elder Ballard gave at conference, telling all the moms that we needed to make sure and have "unscheduled free time" with the family? That really made me think. Sometimes, you just need to be still and bond with your brood.

Amazing Grace said...

I love your pictures... Especially the ones on the side.. They are gorgeous! you look fab on the picture on the right with the 2 kids
XOXO
Grace

Mubeen said...

I just looked at Missy's photo blog and had to tell you that Ewan is such a GORGEOUS boy! You guys make beautiful children!!! (I'm sure you already are aware of this, hehe)