CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

July 09, 2008

Help me name the baby!

Obviously, I love Irish/Gaelic names.  I love both of my boys' names so much.  Ewan Bryce and Fynn Christian.  Both Bryce and Christian are family names, and I kind of wanted to follow that same pattern, but I might have to break it this time.  I love the name Liam, but after a little research, I really feel like it's gotten too trendy for me.  My whole idea was to name him Liam Kelly.  That's just not going to work for me, now, even though here he is constantly referred to as Liam.  The other name I found that I like is Cael or Caelan.  But I need a middle name!!!  I can't think of anything.  And obviously I can't do Cael Kelly.  So, if you know of any good middle names for that, or if you know of any good Irish names I'm not thinking of (that aren't too popular), shoot me some ideas.  With both kids, when I finally "heard" their names in my head (thanks to Ashley for helping me put Ewan and Bryce together.  And I fell completely in love with the name Fynn after seeing the Ethan Hawke version of Great Expectations when it first came out.) I swear it was like angels singing, they were so perfect.  I want the same experience for this one.  It's part of the reason I wanted a girl; I knew I was going to have such a hard time finding another boy's name I love.  Mary Ann is on her way this morning to Ireland for a lovely trip.  She's also going to keep her eye out for me.  Maybe a baby name book right from Ireland...

15 comments:

Caedyn said...

Ohhhh – I love Cael. Here are my suggestions for a middle name (and I’ll add more if I think of any – I LOVE playing with names). I forget your last name though . . . Oh well:

Dillon
Ennis
Pearse
Tomas
Vaughn (this is actually my maiden name – more German than Irish – we may use it ourselves, but you’re welcome to it if you like it)

I hope you get lots of suggestions here. I may “reserve” one you don’t pick if that’s okay with you! :-)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ok...I went and looked up "Irish boys names" since I couldn't think of any off the top of my head (though I LOVE the Gaelic sound to names!) So, I looked for names that looked cool and of course, had a meaning...since thats my favorite thing about a name!

My list:
Cullen (Handsome)
Daegan (black-haired....perfect, right?)
Gareth (brave spearman)

Cael....Lucas (light)
Patrick (Nobel one)
Peader (rock - Peter)
Teague (poet)

I love these! Names are one of my favorite parts of having a baby Ü.
Good luck!!!

Jenny said...

Luuuuuvv Caelen. What about Sean? Is that too boring? Does it have to be unusal?

Missy said...

I actually like Sean. It's not as popular now as it used to be, but it is a pretty popular name!

I still like Corgan! :)

Okay here are some others I found. Some are out there, but I figured you want a variety!

Aiden
Cael
Cullen
Dilan
Merritt
Merrill
Neil
Nolen
Quinn
Terin
Torin

I like Nolen Kelly Taylor. Or Caelen Sean Taylor. Or Sean Kelly Taylor. That's just me! If you need some websites I found so many and I'm sure Sarah has a bunch she could send, too!

Shannon said...

LOL, looks like I slacked on this one! They all ahve such great ideas! I love Irish names. Of course I had to do a serach and see if I could come up with some new ideas. Here is what I found

Declan
Connor
Colum
Reilly

Shannon said...

what about?

beck
brock
brogan
Rory

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I realize this comment doesn't contain any new idea's but I'm seconding the vote for Sean Kelly. I love the name Sean (in fact we almost named our boys Kelly and Sean). It's not really a new or unusual name, but it's not a common one either, especially with the "true" spelling. (Plus it fits your four letter first name pattern, and it sounds great with Kelly as a middle name. Push, push, push.)

Ashley said...

Of course I like Liam Chandler Taylor. Beautiful family name...and Chandler would be tickeled. I just think the name Liam is beautiful. Cael is pretty, but it reminds me of a girl character I saw in a movie. I think Liam fits with Fynn and Ewan best. Vaughan is a pretty middle name and it is a family name. Allen or Ashley would be a pretty family name as well...

Anonymous said...

Frodo

Anonymous said...

Your great grandmother Vaughn's name was Collins. I guess you could drop the s. Bryce's middle name is Irish, isn't it?

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Oooo, I love the idea of having the middle name be "Kelly". Great idea! But not Sean Kelly. Sounds too much like a mixture of mediocre R&B artists Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs and R. Kelly. But that's just me.

Erica said...

Oh I like Cael or Caelan. Man, everyone has given such great suggestions. If you don't have like 10 favorite names out of these...

Of course at our house we're always partial to DeLaney... :)

Faintastic! said...

Who cares if it's popular. I think Liam Kelly sounds awesome.

Amy

Caedyn said...

So – I’m coming back to this post to leave yet another comment.
I recently bought a baby-name book I’ve been meaning to get (don’t ask me why – we’re nowhere near trying for another yet), anyway, the author lists names that she thinks are complimentary to existing sister/brother names. Here’s what she has listed for Ewan:
Eamon
Tiernan
Wynn
Egan
Niall
The only one I personally like in that list is Wynn – but Ewan and Wynn kinda sounds a little matchy-matchy. If you’re anything like me, you’ll have a hard time calling each child by the proper name as it is!
Okay, and here’s what she has listed for Fynn:
Cale
Rowan
Keane
Ean
Leif
I’m not so sure about Leif – but I actually like all of the others.

Sorry about the long posting. I just thought of you when I bought the book and wanted to share! (BTW, the book is called The Baby Name Wizard and was written by Laura Wattenberg. I have a link on my blog to her website too if you’re interested).
I hope you’re having a good weekend. Sounds like you guys have had a few rough days lately . . .