CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

April 21, 2008

A rash of bad luck...

About two months ago, Fynn sprouted a tiny little rash next to his nose. I didn't think much of it, maybe some dry skin, so I wasn't too bothered. But then it started to spread, and get angrier. We held off until his 15 month checkup, where we were told it was impetigo. The doctor prescribed a very mild oral antibiotic, and said to call her in ten days if it didn't improve. Well, it did improve, for about four days, when it came back even worse. The doctor then gave him a much stronger antibiotic, one that smelled like a dirty pair of underwear and gave him the worst diaper rash he's ever had. It did, however, make his rash a bit better. For about five days. So now I have to take him to a pediatric dermatologist, one that doesn't have an open appointment for another month. I'm so frustrated, and need to try to figure something out. Today was Fynn's first day in a month that he has been off of any antibiotic, and in just 24 hours, the rash has gotten twice as bad. What's he going to look like in a month?! If you have a strong stomach, check out these image results of impetigo. While Fynn's isn't anywhere near as bad as most of these, that's also because he's been under some treatment. I'm nervous about what will develop after a month of no treatment. This may be a bit of a rambling post, but I'm so sad for Fynn, who seems to have been born under an unlucky star. He has had more extremely high fevers in his 15 months that Ewan has had in four years, he's had his leg broken, a pressure sore developed, bad reactions to vaccines... The list goes on. When is the poor boy going to get a break? And me, too?

On a lighter note, here are some cute pictures of the man in question:
Ewan told me, "Fynn's thinks he's eating spaghetti!" When I went into the room, he had a mouthful of yellow yarn. Unfortunately, once I had the camera, he refused to look at me, but he was very proud of himself, and I thought it was funny that Ewan thought of spaghetti.

"I can eat yogurt by myself, thank you very much."

Thanks to Grace for these cute pictures she took at lunch last week. I love this coy look of Fynn's.

And, as mentioned before, this is Ewan's current signature look.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Poor sweet Fynn! I am praying for his sake it doesn't get even minutely close to those pictures! Those are crazy. Is that the only dermatoligist you can take him too? That is just SO long!

Amazing Grace said...

these babies are sooo cute!
XOXO - had fun!

Caedyn said...

Awww – poor guy!! Caedyn’s been on antibiotics for what seems like forever now too! (And now she has eye gunk stuff – like pink eye – but her eyes aren’t red).
Anyway, his diaper rash might actually be a yeast infection from all of the antibiotics he’s been on. Caedyn had one too (it looks like little red bumps everywhere as apposed to just red skin). If that’s what it is, you can treat it with Lotrimin, the athlete’s foot cream. It sounds strange, but it really does work. It knocked Caedyn’s out in 2 or 3 days.
I sure do hope he gets better soon. Poor baby. :-(

- Cheree