CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

April 08, 2008

Enjoying randomness

Have you ever been watching the news, and towards the end, they include a story that you just can't believe made the cut?  Sometimes they come up with the most ridiculous, nonsensical, or just plain ordinary stories to include on the news.  Tonight, after a piece about how a sheikh paid $2.7 million for a female camel, because females run faster in big races, my mouth was hanging open in disbelief.  I mean, why do I need to know this?  But then the newscaster made up for it by looking deathly serious into the camera and saying, "We just thought you should know."  I want to take him out for lunch and buy him a steak for that.  

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

funny stuff....
You know you needed to know that, just in case you are ever in the market for a camel...you might want to just skip over the whole fastness and just get a male, cause why break the bank?! Geez....

Amazing Grace said...

meanwhile, there are people starving all over the world.... Good goin' Sheik!

Sarah Young said...

Haha, I know what you mean. Did you see the Leperchaun in Mobile Alabama post on my blog back around St. Pattie's Day? News reporting at it's finest!

marjie anderson said...

What about the baby girl with 2 faces?

Ashley said...

Ok, so I have seen the Leprechaun one. It is sooo funny. As for the girl with two faces, very sad but it may raise some money for her family or get some donations. And, I know the first thing I am gonna do when I strike it rich is buy a freaking camel....