CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

April 15, 2008

Lessons from Elmo

Today, Ewan had to change shirts due to a spill, and before he had put on a new one, I noticed his back was quite red where he'd been trying to scratch it. He then told me, "My back itches so much!" I told him to come to me so I could look at it, but before the sentence was out of my mouth, he'd put on a new shirt and was heading out to the backyard. I heard him say something about a tree, so I watched him out the window and witnessed this:
There my son was, moving his back up and down against the tree to scratch it. I just asked him where he learned it, and he said from a little girl on Elmo's World who likes to scratch her back on trees. This is what my son takes away from an episode of Sesame Street. I thought he was going to tell me he learned it from watching the dog or an animal from TV. He repeated this again later in the evening, and Bryce was able to witness it that time. There we were, hiding behind the curtains, laughing hysterically, and then we ran and sat down as he headed back in, pretending we'd been sitting in the living room the whole time.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Okay, that is funny! And some people argue that SS is worthless. To them, I say, "Ewan!"

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That boy cracks me up! Sesame Street rocks...Bella learned how to dance like a ballerina just the other day!

Missy said...

I learned how to tie my shoe laces from Sesame Street. Ewan is just being more creative with the things he learns. I think it is hilarious!

Jenny said...

Wow, I would have thought he'd gotten it from Baloo on the Jungle Book. I'm so glad you got a picture of that, it's so cute!

Shannon said...

I agree with Jenny, so cool that you captured it on film!

Ashley said...

That reminds me of Dad using the door jam to scratch his back. After we were too old to scratch it for him!