CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

April 14, 2008

Ho Hum

Well, I really wish I had something exciting to tell you. I just don't. I know this blog has been very non-exciting, and extremely NOT updated in far too long. I just got kind of blogged out there for a while, and am just waiting for the juices to start flowing again. Perhaps with the return of our favorite shows, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs and Lost, I'll have something to say. Perhaps not.

The boys are doing pretty darn good. Fynn looks more and more like a boy (rather than just a baby) every day and he is so feisty, I worry for the future! If you put something on his high-chair tray that he does not want, he will not hesitate to throw it in your face, with a look of sheer disdain. He also loathes any attention that is paid to Ewan, and will strike both the attention-giver and Ewan in anger at such a display. That being said, he also loves Ewan very much and lights up whenever he's around. Now I'm just hoping for a stretch with NO FEVERS. Ewan is enjoying preschool, although he has taken to wrapping his entire body around my legs when I go drop him off, begging me to not leave him there. But when I come to pick him up, he cannot stop talking about all the things he did that day and he does love it so much. Right now he's really into counting "restaurants with 's' in the name." He's up to eleven, and as we drive down the street, he is constantly pointing out more. Also in the car, every sign we pass, he reads to us and asks if we saw it. It gets quite funny.
Just to have something to share, I'll tell you something reeeeeeally gross. Bryce and I went to my parent's house this Sunday, and he was helping take down their satellite dish. As he walked around the side of the house, he noticed a trashcan full of stagnant water, full of breeding mosquitos. He dumped it, and out spilled the corpse of some large rodent-thing, long dead and badly decomposed. He took it out to the curb, and as we left, I looked at it. It was so big, and its skin was literally shiny - silver looking. It was so disgusting. My dad decided it was a squirrel. And as gross as it was, last night laying in bed, I thought of this poor squirrel, trying to get a drink, and falling in, unable to scramble out, and drowning. And that made me very sad. Meep, Squirrel. Rest in peace. May you frolic in a land of acorn orchards where the bird seed flows like a beer river, and the drinking bowls are shallow.

7 comments:

Missy said...

Okay reading that last line made that entire post worth it, no matter how hum drum you probably think it was. So funny!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Maybe thats what we need to solve our squirrel problem! Leave big trashcans full of water all around the house! Squirrels are all cute and sweet till you have them chewing thru stuff in your attic!

Anonymous said...

Squirrels don't go to heaven. They're reincarnated as pecans.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I agree, that last line was hilarious.
Although I do not wish any harm to squirrels, I will have to say that they are not on my cute animal list. To me they just look like rats with fuzzy tails. But I still swerve when I am driving down the street and they've run out into the road so that I don't hit them.

Kelli said...

Actually, James, squirrels DO go to heaven. It's just unfortunate for you that Squirrel Heaven is in your attic.

Anonymous said...

If the squirrels in the attic were just ghosts, that would be kind of cool. Then we could have a pet that we wouldn't have to feed or clean up after. Speaking of ghosts, I think that one left a message for you on your fridge.

Kelli said...

I saw that message, and I knew exactly where it came from. Ewan read the word "Ghost" and asked what the rest said. When I told him, he got a little upset. It was pretty funny.