CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I love Labor Day - because it gives us a nice 3-day weekend. On Saturday, at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, Bryce and I were suddenly thinking, "Hmmmm, let's hop in the car and drive to Austin." So we did. Ewan had been asking to go to a dinosaur museum, and a few days before I had found this one by the UT campus. It was awesome. They had a skeleton of a pterosaur, specifically Quetzalcoatlus, hanging from the ceiling like it was flying over you. I kid you not when I say it was one of the most amazing, awe-inspiring things I've seen in my whole life. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was so huge, and just... WOW. It was so cool. There were also lots of other skeletons of giant bison and some random little dinosaurs. They had different rocks both from Earth and space - just a lot of really neat things. By the time we hit the 3rd floor, I couldn't really walk anymore and had to sit and whine inside to myself. After, we headed over to Jesse and Amy's to visit. We were able to see the baby's nursery and Amy and I compared pregnancy woes. It stinks because I probably won't get to see her baby for a while. I don't want to burden them right after he's born - she has Ashley coming to help and we don't need too many cooks in the kitchen. And our little guy will be coming right after by a few weeks, so I won't be up to traveling. Hopefully it won't be too long. I'd like to see him before he starts cutting teeth!

For Labor Day, the Saunders came over and Bryce made some steak and pork using one of his odd concoctions and it turned out really good. Ewan, Fynn and Ben ran around the house playing trains and Transformers (Ewan's latest OBSESSION.) Then we let them play outside in our two little kiddie pools. They splashed, blew bubbles, and chased the cats. Missy took lots of wonderful pictures. So we take no credit for the ones I'm going to post. It was all Missy! The guys then went off to do a little golfing while Missy and I put the kids to bed. We ate cookies and talked for a long time, even after the guys got back. There's no telling how long we would have been up talking if not for the fact John had to get up at 4:30 this morning. It was so much fun - the only downside being that I had to switch from chair to couch to floor back to chair or couch to alleviate back pain. But, hey, I'll consider it my exercise!
This was about the best Ewan would let her take until she bribed him with more bubbles...
...then he turned into a male model, giving her different poses and facial expressions. This is one I call, "The Kelli Expression." I never noticed those two dimples until Missy pointed them out.

Cutie Fynn, looking like Daddy.

We were out of swim diapers. This thing was bursting at the seams,
until it finally start to fall off.

I post this only because my blog is private. His swimming shorts didn't stay on much better, and I had to run after him at one point to pull them up to a level of decency.

Fynn sat at the edge of the yard and stared at the wind blowing the trees.

BUBBLES!

Cute, hilarious Ben.

This is the face he makes when he says "Juice," "Cheese," or "Shoes."

Such a cool friggin' kid.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Missy takes such good pics!! I need her to come hang out over here and get some good pics of us, since we are severely lacking. Looks like y'all had a blast, and you look 15 years old in the picture of you and E.

Jenny said...

can you PLEASE tell me how you are looking so gorgeous in that last picture when you're like, a jillion months pregnant? Not fair.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Very cute pics! Kids are so much fun to watch playing with bubbles.

Shannon said...

Looks like a great time! I love a lazy evening watching the kids, and yes, you do look amazazing in that last picture :D

Missy said...

Yeah there was a weird color shift (I should have converted the profiles before I gave these to you Kelli! I'll burn you a CD of the good ones) when Kelli posted these which is awesome considering she does look so good in that last pic and it wasn't even retouched!

And you all know I love to retouch photos. Wanna look amazing? I'll make you look amazing-er. ;)

And and yes Ashley, I'd love to come take pics!

Kelli said...

Okay, bless all of you because I have not been feeling even close to pretty or even decent - and you all gave me a little happy glow.

Kristy said...

Those are such great pictures! Ewan is so cute, I love being in Primary with him.