CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

September 07, 2008

Happiest Day

While Bryce was on his mission, I met a girl in the singles ward named Marianne and we became very good friends.  We had so much in common - from music to life's experiences and the fact that we both had tattoos.  She was someone I could be completely myself around and she never judged.  I loved hanging out with her at her house and we'd drive around in my truck and listen to music.  We'd often leave church (our singles ward was pretty lame, at least that was our excuse) and go get something to drink or eat (hey, no judging...)  I just loved her so much and was very sad when she up and got married and left me to live with her new husband in Canada.  The last time we saw each other was during a hurried visit when I was newly pregnant with Ewan.  Besides that little visit, it has been six years since we saw each other. She has moved around a lot over these past years - Canada, Georgia, Louisiana - and so we lost each other's phone numbers and I've just thought about her so much and missed her.  

Today, after I dismissed my primary class, a loud booming voice filled the room and in walked this tall blond goddess to wrap me in a hug. It was Marianne.  I don't think I've ever been so happy to see someone in my life.  Her husband is here for some training, and they'll be in our ward for the next two months.  She had seen Bryce in the cultural hall and recognized him then went searching for me.  I'll be so very sad when she leaves, but for now - I'm so happy that I've been near tears all day.  We sat next to each other in sacrament and it was hard to not just sit and talk the entire time.  We laughed as we kept hearing each other's stomach growling and played with the boys.  We had her and her husband, Blake, over for dinner and it was like no time had passed at all.  They do not have children, which is a shame because they were so amazing with the boys and by the time we left, Blake was giving Bryce some serious competition for Fynn's affections.   

This just goes down as one of my happiest days in a very long time, and she and I plan on seeing lots of each other before she leaves.  They don't really know what they'll be doing after this, or where they will be, but my fingers are crossed he'll find an opportunity here so she can stay close. Here's hopin'.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Argh, there is nothing like that feeling you get when you see that long-lost loved one again! I recently had a similar experience and it blew me away. Have fun and soak up these two months!

Missy said...

So that's the girl that was sitting next to you! Dang, she's pretty, too! What are the odds??? Can't wait to meet her this weekend!

Ashley said...

I remember her I think... I just can't wait til y'all get to eat some Fresco's!! Yummy doesn't begin to cut it. I am super excited to get to eat out with other women who are LDS and don't order gigantic margaritas.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Catching up with an old friend is such a wonderful thing. Enjoy your time together. And you just can't beat those ink bonds :)