CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 09, 2008

So much to catch up on...

... and I'll probably forget most of it. Last weekend, we made a last minute plan to drive down to Glen Rose and see the wild animal safari. Afterward, we planned on checking out the dinosaur prints at the river. The safari was a huge success with the boys. We had taken Ewan once when he was very little, and he didn't care, but he loved it this time. Fynn was also very excited and grinned and giggled the entire time.

Random deer. LOTS of deer there.

Ignoring the warning to not feed them by hand. He was pretty.

Ignoring the warning again for Ewan.
Not the best picture, in fact Bryce looks a little like a serial killer. But he was the photographer for the trip and Fynn practically needs to be surgically removed from him, so a self-portrait it was.

I almost kidnapped this one. Seriously. If he'd only come a step closer...

What's up, Giraffe?

And the crowning glory of the day, letting Ewan drive for part of the safari.

After this, we went to the river, where we soaked for a little while. And where I totally bit the dust on one particularly slimy rock. A couple of women there were pretty sure I was going to go into labor, but I was totally fine. I was more impressed with myself because I was carrying Fynn and was able to completely shield him from getting hurt at all. I actually think those women were disgusted with me for even doing anything like that while pregnant, but one of their husbands shushed them by yelling out, "That baby's fine in the embryotic sac!" Indeed. Then we couldn't find the path back up the river wall to the parking ground, and ended up doing some serious hiking. Like, for real hiking. The best part was when I had to climb up over a rock that was almost taller than me.

Anyway, that's all for now. Although I did get my hair done, with Missy - which she posted about here. I loved the girl who did my hair, she was awesome. I knew I was looking pretty blah before the haircut, but I didn't realize how bad until I saw how good it looked after. The day before my C-section is scheduled, I am so going back to her to trim and fix my hair so I'll look good in the hospital. You know, at least until the trauma wears me into looking awful. I'm just going to post one of my after pics. Check out Missy's blog for the rest of the pictures, because hers was totally cute, too.
First on the agenda after Baby comes - get rid of that face fat!

9 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun family trip...gave me a good idea. And I love your hair!

Shannon said...

Oh! We need to get ourselves down to that place it looks like! How fun! Hair cut looks way cute, looks like you got lucky with a great stylist! That is always the scary thing with going somewhere new!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ya'll have been busy. I've wanted to take the kids to Fossil Rim, but it must be a ton better in a VAN! LOL...some SPACE to see all the animals!
And the hair looks good...sounds like ya'll had fun.

Mubeen said...

You look beautiful! I had fun on Friday! Let's all get together again soon!

Ashley said...

Your hair looks so cute! I wanna go to the Dinosaur place too. Jon would freak if an animal got near my new car though.... Poor Fynn looks hot in that one picture. Good pics!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Ewan kept talking about it in class on Sunday, so I knew he enjoyed it. And your hair looks beautiful!

Caedyn said...

Cool trip! I didn’t know there were still places around where you could feed animals from the car. So neat.
And you hair looks GREAT! I need a new do (I’ve had the same one since jr. high – no kidding), but I’m too scared to let someone lop it off. You, however, look ultra chic!

Jenny said...

Um, you are killing me with hair cuteness. I love your cut, it's very striking.

And why in the world would anyone EVER yell out the word "embryotic sac", regardless of the circumstances?

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I am so in love with your new look, you look so HOT! I want that haircut...grow hair...GROW!!! I will see you at Amy's shower tomorrow!