CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

August 23, 2008

Lovely Things

My little sister, Amy, had a baby shower for her first baby last Saturday. Her baby boy will be coming at the end of September, and we're very excited. (Pictures of the shower will be coming in the next week, which I'm excited about because I don't have many pictures of my two sisters and I together as bona-fide grown-ups.) Anyway, as I was leaving the shower, Amy ran out after me saying she had something for me. She is a very talented jewelry maker, clothes-sewer, creative type person (which I envy enormously) and she has been working on embroidery. She had embroidered a bag for me using a Black Apple pattern. Voila:
Very cute, sorry I couldn't get a better picture. Thanks, Amy.

On another note, I am with music the way I am with friends. I am very much a loyalist to a select few bands/friends, and I very rarely let a new person/song/band into my life. For example, I am very much a loyalist to The Cure and Better than Ezra, as well as the good ol' 80s guys like Erasure and Pet Shop Boys. It takes forever before I accept something new. A few weeks ago, Bryce and I each allowed ourselves to buy one album off of iTunes, and it took me over a week before I could pick something. I've always heard of Death Cab for Cutie, but never tried to listen. But, oh, when I did... I have a new favorite. It joins the ranks and status of The Cure and BTE. I bought their album Plans and then later Transatlanticism. And my new favorite song, you know, in addition to all my favorite Cure songs, is "I Will Follow You into the Dark." I love the simple guitar, I love the words, I love his voice. It makes me sigh in happiness. The addition of this song to my limited music obsessions must be documented.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I LOVE Death Cab. And I know if you like them you'll love The Postal Service, too. Really great stuff!

Amber said...

What a beautiful bag! Love the song :)

Shannon said...

Such a cute bag, what a super nice gift!